Important note: After your completed award submission is received, a confirmation will be sent to the email address listed on the award application. Awards that are incomplete will be not be accepted or scored.
The following award programs are available:
**All awards are now closed. APIC will begin accepting applications for 2016 awards in July 2015.
Partnership in Prevention Award— recognizes a U.S. hospital that has achieved significant reductions in HAIs. This award is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America and APIC.
Distinguished Awards— APIC showcases excellence in infection prevention by honoring individuals who advance the practice, the profession, and the association.
- Carole DeMille Achievement Award— APIC’s lifetime achievement award honors infection preventionists whose contributions have improved the practice of infection prevention through research, performance improvement, visionary leadership, and community service. Remembering Carole DeMille. Access the application.
- Healthcare Administrator Award— recognizes the pivotal role that healthcare administrators play in establishing an organizational culture that enables and supports infection prevention efforts. Read about the 2014 Healthcare Administrator award recipient. Access the application.
- Heroes in Infection Prevention Award— recognizes APIC members and groups who have successfully reduced infection, raised awareness, and improved the health and well-being of patients, healthcare personnel, and the public. Learn more. Access the application.
- President’s Distinguished Service Award in honor of Pat Lynch— recognizes an APIC volunteer who has made outstanding professional contributions at the national level. Access the application.
- Judene Bartley Advocacy in Action Scholarship— established by APIC and SHEA to enhance training and application of public policy advocacy skills of outstanding members of the respective organizations. Learn more.
Chapter Awards— Chapters provide members the ability to connect, learn, and develop innovative solutions to help tackle their infection prevention and control problems. APIC recognizes the work of local volunteers and their outstanding achievements each year.
- Chapter Excellence—recognizes and rewards chapters that support APIC’s mission by advancing the goals of the organization’s strategic plan. Access the application. Access an example narrative.
- Chapter Leadership—provides an opportunity for chapters to recognize the achievements a member who has gone above and beyond the call of duty at the local level. Access the application.
Lectureships— Lectureships allow leaders in the profession to present future ideas and topics to APIC members during Annual Conference.
- Distinguished Scientist Award— recognizes a person best able to present a lecture on the state of the science of infection prevention and control and/or epidemiology in the area for which he/she is a major contributor over a lifetime of pursuit.
Research Awards— APIC showcases the most significant scientific abstracts during the Annual Conference and recognizes the achievements of researchers and infection preventionists whose studies and presentations advance the practice.
- Blue Ribbon Abstract Awards— awarded to a limited number of abstracts based on the scientific and/or educational quality of the abstract.
- New Investigator Award— recognizes the excellent work of members who are new to the research field.
- William A. Rutala Award— awarded to the best abstract presented during the conference on disinfection, sterilization, or antisepsis.