APIC teaches the ABC’s of prescribing antibiotics for IIPW
New study: Sepsis care initiatives may lead to higher C. difficile infection rates, antibiotic resistance
What's new at APIC
Forms & Checklists for Infection Prevention, Volume 2 now available!
Your new go-to resource for patient care policies, department policies, occupational health, construction and renovation, and long-term care key IPC reporting activities.
Hurricane and flooding resources
Access flood and hurricane infection prevention information
Nominate our profession’s finest by November 15
APIC Awards and Scholarships recognize the work, commitment, achievements, and aspirations of our community. The 2018 submission period has been extended to November 15 and we can’t reward scholarships and awards without the involvement of APIC members...
Make Industry Perspectives part of your rounding routine!
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2017
- CDC’s new SSI guideline: What the IP needs to know (Open access)
- The APIC® Program of Distinction (Open access)
- Educating student nurses on the importance of PPE
- International Infection Prevention Week (Open access)
- My Bugaboo: Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Infection control assessment and response
American Journal of Infection Control—August 2017
- Use of a patient empowerment tool for hand hygiene
- Efficacy of the World Health Organization–recommended handwashing technique and a modified washing technique to remove Clostridium difficile from hands
- Monitoring the hand hygiene compliance of health care workers in a general intensive care unit: Use of continuous closed circle television versus overt observation
- The effectiveness of sterilization for flexible ureteroscopes: A real-world study