What’s New at APIC
Cardinal Health and Molnlycke have joined APIC in supporting International Infection Prevention Week this year, which takes place October 13-19. The theme for APIC’s annual awareness event is “Vaccines are Everybody’s Business.” Thanks for helping to make IIPW a success! Learn more about our Corporate Champions.
APIC has launched its Certification: The Defining Difference campaign. This state-based legislative effort encourages new infection preventionists (IPs) to become certified in infection control. APIC showed a new video at #APIC2019 explaining the importance behind certification. Learn more.
Relive the excitement from APIC’s 46th Annual Conference—or see what you missed (and plan to join us next year)! We’ve put together a highlight video that captures some of the great moments from Philadelphia. Watch it now and then pre-register for APIC 2020. For those who didn’t attend, conference proceedings can be purchased here!
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2019
American Journal of Infection Control—October 2019
- Health care workers’ perceptions and reported use of respiratory protective equipment: A qualitative analysis
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in the last two years: Health care workers still at risk
- Acinetobacter baumannii can be transferred from contaminated nitrile examination gloves to polypropylene plastic surfaces
- Variation in surface decontamination practices among Michigan child care centers compared to state and national guidelines
- Evaluation of disinfectant efficacy against multidrug-resistant bacteria: A comprehensive analysis of different methods