President's Distinguished Service Award, in honor of Pat Lynch
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an APIC member who has made major contributions to the profession and whose service within APIC has been judged by peers as exceptional. The contributions made by this individual have made APIC a better organization and elevated the value of the IP within the healthcare profession.
The award honors the extraordinary volunteerism of Patricia Lynch, RN, MBA, CIC, one of APIC’s pioneering members and its first national president.
The recipient receives:
- A commemorative plaque; and
- Complimentary registration and travel stipend (up to $1,000) to the 2019 APIC Annual Conference in Philadelphia.
The recipient must:
- Be a current APIC member in good standing for the five years preceding nomination.
- Have served in a volunteer capacity at the national level.
- Be certified in infection prevention and control.
- Have not previously received this award.
Recipient will be selected based on the impact their volunteerism has had on furthering the goals of APIC and the ability of the individual to inspire commitment from others. Nominees will be evaluated utilizing the following characteristics: Leadership, Collegiality, Service/Productivity, and Mentorship. Submission should include:
- Evidence of service to APIC on multiple levels (locally and nationally; author, speaker, committee participation, board participation, etc.);
- Evidence of leadership positions within APIC; and
- Evidence of participation in the organization or related-professional society.
References should provide examples of how the work of the nominee has made an impact on the profession or on a personal level through mentoring.
The submission for this award must include:
- Online application;
- A nomination letter stating how the nominee meets award criteria;
- Why is this person being nominated for the award?
- What is unique and different about this candidate?
- What about their work or body of knowledge should be highlighted?
- Three letters of reference; and
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
|2018||Connie Steed, RN, CIC, MSN, FAPIC|
|2017||Linda Dickey, RN, MPH, CIC|
|2015||Susan Barnes, RN, CIC|
|2014||Susan Sebazco, RN, MBA, CIC|
|2012||Susan Dolan, RN, MS, CIC|
|2010||Barbara Russell, MPH, RN, CIC|
|2009||Barbara Soule, RN, MPA, CIC, FSHEA|