Chapter Excellence Awards
Chapters are the lifeblood of APIC, where volunteers and local leaders bring forward new and innovative programs, resources, and networking groups to help their members achieve higher levels of competence and relevance. APIC is proud of offer the Chapter Excellence Award to recognize and reward local chapters that have aligned their members and resources in order to support APIC’s mission and strategic plan on the local level.
Award categories and criteria
Each year, APIC selects one large chapter and one small chapter to receive an award in each of the following categories:
- Member Support—chapter demonstrates excellence in providing support, recognition, and opportunities for professional growth and development of members.
- Clinical and Professional Practice—chapter demonstrates excellence in defining, evaluating, and continually improving the practice of infection prevention and healthcare epidemiology.
- Education, Communication, and Information Resources—chapter demonstrates excellence in developing, promoting, and providing meaningful, accessible, and affordable educational products and services, and other resources for infection preventionists, healthcare workers, and the general public.
- Synergistic Alliances—chapter demonstrates excellence in identifying, evaluating, and pursuing opportunities for synergistic alliances.
Access more information about criteria for each category.
Chapter size levels:
- Large chapter [Chapters with 71 or more members.]
- Small chapter [Chapters with less than 70 members.]
To be eligible for this award, chapters must be in good standing with all APIC administrative functions, including current chapter bylaws, up-to-date treasurer reports, and minimum number of chapter members.
APIC is proud of the following chapters for receiving the award in previous years.
Greater Atlanta Chapter
Dallas-Ft. Worth Chapter
|2015||West Virginia Chapter
San Antonio Chapter
|2013||Dallas-Ft. Worth Chapter|
|2012||Greater Buffalo Chapter
Clinical and Professional Practice
Norther New Jersey Chapter
Western Iowa Chapter
|2014||Dallas-Ft. Worth Chapter|
|2012||Northeast Ohio Chapter|
Education, Communication, and Information Resources
San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
|2016||Northeastern New York Chapter
Puget Sound Chapter
West Virginia Chapter
Greater Jackson Chapter
|2013||Southern Nevada Chapter|
|2012||Delaware Valley and Philadelphia Chapter|
|2016||Greater Kansas City Chapter|
|2015||Dallas-Ft. Worth Chapter
|2013||Southern New Jersey Chapter
Wichita Area Chapter
West Virginia Chapter