Today, there is an increased focus on infection prevention in ambulatory care due to more diagnostic and surgical procedures being performed in outpatient settings. New and unknown emerging infectious diseases, as well as an increase in both community and healthcare-associated infections also add to this trend. The Ambulatory Care section provides a diverse network to share best practices and approaches to the unique challenges of this setting presented by mobile populations with community interaction. The section serves infection preventionists in both free-standing facilities and those affiliated with hospitals.
Ambulatory care practice resources
- APIC Text of Infection Control & Epidemiology, 4th edition (2014)
- Guide to the Elimination of Orthopedic SSIs
- Ready Reference for Microbes, 3rd edition
Join the Ambulatory Care section—get involved today.
- Ambulatory Care MyAPIC community – connect with 3,000+ members who work in ambulatory care to get answers to your most pressing issues. You can post a question or engage in this community 24/7. Participation is restricted to current members of this section.
- Topical webinars – participate in live and/or recorded webinars given by top-notch experts on the issues that matter most to you.
To join the Ambulatory Care section, contact APIC membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.