The Long-Term Care (LTC) section provides a strong mentor base, support, and resources to assist LTC infection preventionists in implementing excellent infection prevention and control practices within their facilities. Because LTC facilities are regulated by state and federal mandates as well as the Joint Commission and other agencies, the understanding and implementation of guidelines must be adapted to this environment. It is important to provide the highest quality of care across the continuum of care, as well as to provide the LTC nurses with open lines of communication and support.
Long-term care practice resources
- APIC Text of Infection Control & Epidemiology, 4th edition (2014)
- Ready Reference for Microbes, 3rd edition
- Guide to the Elimination of MRSA in Long-Term Care
- Guide to the Elimination of CAUTI
- Infection Preventionist's Guide to Long-Term Care
- Long-Term Care supplement to Prevention Strategist
Join the Long-Term Care section—get involved today.
- Long-Term Care MyAPIC community – connect with 1500+ members in Long-Term Care to get answers to your most pressing issues. You can post a question or engage in this community 24/7. Participation is restricted to current members of this section.
- Topical webinars – participate in live and/or recorded webinars given by top-notch experts on the issues that matter most to you.
To join the Long-Term Care section, contact APIC membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.