Education & Certification
Now Offering Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Intensives!
This novice-level four-day course provides an intensive training experience for healthcare professionals providing infection prevention oversight in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory care practice settings. Learn what you need to know to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements through evidenced-based best practices that reduce risk.
Course topics to include:
- Risk Assessment
- Emerging pathogens
- Multi-drug resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Disinfection and sterilization
- Preparing for CMS surveys
- Construction and renovation
- Essential Elements for an Infection Prevention Program
- Competency Requirements for the Infection Preventionist
A highly interactive course, the ASC Intensive education opportunity is led by experienced faculty who teach complex concepts in everyday language, facilitate smaller group activities, lead question/answer sessions, and encourage the sharing of individual experiences. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhance networking.
Click the location link below for additional information including hotel information and registration deadlines.
- Milwaukee, WI (August 14-17, 2017)
- Laie, Hawaii (September 11-14, 2017) *Early Registration rate now extended to Aug. 18
- Location To Be Announced (November 2017)
General Registration Information:
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only.
PLEASE NOTE: Course fee does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations and lunch).
- Registration ends at deadline, or when capacity is reached.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
- Please visit the Intensive location you wish to attend for registration deadlines.
|Early Member||Early Non-Member||Regular Member
*If you register at the non-member rate, you'll receive a complimentary 1-year APIC membership.
- Please note: complementary membership is not available for current and lapsed members.
Download the fillable registration form. Fill out the course location, and the course dates.
If paying by check, please mail payment along with registration form on or before registration deadline to:
ATT: EPI Intensive
P.O. Box 79502
Baltimore, MD 21279
Cancellation PolicyA $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to email@example.com or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy for further details.
SubstitutionsAll substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course. Registration fees may be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Group RegistrationsAPIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
- 4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
- 10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
General Course AgendaClick here to download the general ASC Intensive course agenda
Accreditation, CEUs and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. All evaluations must be completed within 30 days. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide Continuing Nursing Education (CNE), APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.
Click here to access course evaluations.
- Username: APIC Member ID # (hint: your badge ID #)
- Password: apic (all lowercase)