Education & Certification
Come to one of our EPI® Intensives!
This novice level course, designed for infection preventionists with 3 years or less of experience, provides intensive fundamental infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in different practice settings. Over the course of four days, you will learn how to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements through evidenced-based best practices that reduce risk.
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist. Areas of emphasis include how to prepare surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Experienced faculty deliver lectures of complex concepts taught in everyday language, facilitate smaller group activities, and lead question/answer sessions along with the sharing of experiences at the individual level.
Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure quality learning and enhance networking.
Click the location link below for additional information including hotel and registration deadlines for courses currently open for registration.
- Little Rock, AR (February 12-15, 2018)
- Kansas City, MO (April 22-25, 2018)
- Atlanta, GA (May 14-17, 2018)
Please continue to check back for additional 2018 EPI Intensive dates and locations.
General Registration Information:
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only.
PLEASE NOTE: Course fee does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations and lunch).
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the registants email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
- Please visit the Intensive location you wish to attend for registration deadlines.
|Early Member||Early Non-Member||Regular Member
*If you register at the non-member rate, you'll receive a complimentary 1-year APIC membership.
- Please note: complementary membership is not available for current and lapsed members.
Download the printable registration page here. Fill out the course location, and the course dates. Please visit the location you wish to attend for course specifics, such as hotel information and registration deadlines.
If paying by check, please check course webpage before mailing registration payment as courses may reach capacity before deadline. Mail payment along with registration form to:
ATT: EPI Intensive
P.O. Box 79502
Baltimore, MD 21279
Cancellation PolicyA $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy for further details.
SubstitutionsAll substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course. Registration fees may be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Group RegistrationsAPIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
- 4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
- 10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact email@example.com for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
General Course AgendaClick here to download the general EPI Intensive course agenda
Accreditation, Contact Hours and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
CEs: Attendees will be able to earn 28 contact hours for this activity, and can only be obtained through completion of the online evaluation.
Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. All evaluations must be completed within 30 days. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide contact hours, APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.
Click here to access course evaluations.
- Username: APIC Member ID # (hint: your badge ID #)
- Password: apic (all lowercase)