Education & Certification
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist (IP) working in an ASC facility. Areas of emphasis include: preparing surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Led by experienced faculty, the ASC Intensive course delivers complex concepts taught in everyday language. Small group activities, Q&A sessions, and sharing of real-world experiences reinforce learning. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
Double Tree by Hilton Orlando Airport
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations, and lunch). Course fees are shown below. Register early to save!
(Includes 1-year APIC membership)
|Early Bird (through 3/8/2019)||$1,000||$1,150|
|Standard Rate (from 3/9 thru 4/1/2019)||$1,150||$1,300|
Prinu Gabriel, MS, SM (ASCP), CIC
Lela Luper, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC
Hotel & Travel
Orlando’s claim to fame is its theme parks, but the city’s incredible diversity ensures a unique experience for every visitor. Beyond the thrill-seeking experiences, Orlando also offers extraordinary dining, shopping, and ecotourism.
Just 1.5 miles north of the Orlando International Airport and less than 20 minutes from all the popular Orlando attractions, the event hotel allows a relaxing respite from the bustle of the theme parks.
Getting to Orlando
Getting to Orlando is quick and easy, particularly when arriving by air. Nonstop service to Orlando International Airport (MCO) is available from over 130 destinations. The DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Airport is just 1.5 miles north of MCO. If you prefer rail travel, Amtrak provides service via its station in downtown Orlando.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.