Education & Certification
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist (IP) working in an ASC facility. Areas of emphasis include: preparing surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Led by experienced faculty, the ASC Intensive course delivers complex concepts taught in everyday language. Small group activities, Q&A sessions, and sharing of real-world experiences reinforce learning. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
Hilton Providence Rhode Island
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations, and lunch). Course fees are shown below. Register early to save!
(Includes 1-year APIC membership)
|Early Bird (through 2/15/2019)||$1,000||$1,150|
|Standard Rate (from 2/16 thru 3/4/2019)||$1,150||$1,300|
Hotel & Travel
Providence combines the accessibility and friendliness of a small town with the culture and sophistication of a big city. With a thriving arts community, vibrant and diverse neighborhoods, outstanding hotels, a renowned restaurant scene and so many things to do, Providence makes an exceptional host city for this program.
Getting to Providence
Rhode Island is easy to reach by air, rail or highway. Warwick’s T.F. Green Airport is just 10 minutes from Providence, and 8 miles from the Hilton Providence. Amtrak and MBTA rail service is located in the heart of downtown.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.