Translate science into practice with Prevention Strategist, APIC’s signature magazine. This quarterly publication provides members with evidence-based strategies and practical guidance from leading experts to help prevent infection.
- View the Prevention Strategist 2017 publishing schedule.
- Access information for authors and editorial guidelines.
- Please contact email@example.com to order article reprints.
- For advertising inquiries, contact:
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2014
Cover story: APIC’s ongoing Ebola response Open access
- Ebola prevention in Sierra Leone—an IP’s story
- Stolen syringes: How does a patient go into a hospital and come out with hepatitis C? Open access
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene in the behavioral health setting: Can it be accomplished? Open access
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Guidelines
- Access the 2014 Winter supplement: AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement
AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement—Winter 2014
This special supplement features the AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI, including long-term care CAUTI prevention success stories, antibiotic stewardship and CAUTI management, meet the AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI national faculty, and much more. Entire issue is open access.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2014
Cover story--West Virginia water contamination crisis: Implications for infection prevention
- The new CDC methodology and the pursuit of an updated guidance for SSI prevention
- Antibiotic resistance policy initiatives
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2014
Cover story: Top 10 operating room questions answered by experts
- APIC 2014 opening plenary preview
- Focus on LTC/behavioral health outbreaks
- Environmental cleaning toolkit
- Improving hand hygiene: State of play and challenges for U.S. hospitals
On the CUSP: Stop CAUTI supplement—Spring 2014
This special supplement features success stories from facilities that have joined the On the CUSP: Stop CAUTI program, strategies for engaging others in CAUTI prevention, insight from experts on the program’s core national faculty, ways for your healthcare organization to be part of the program, frequently asked questions, and much more. Entire issue is open access.
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2013
Cover story: A closer look--Antibiotic resistance and the microbiome Open access
- Infection prevention in outpatient oncology settings Open access
- Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis
- Today's infection prevention challenges in long-term care: Are we ready to manage them? Open access
- Egypt's Professional Diploma in Infection Control (PDIC): A success story
- Ready, set, implement! A nurse-driven Foley catheter protocol to prevent CAUTI Open access
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2013
Cover story: SARS, 10 years later. Open access
- Patient isolation: Should the patient perspective be a consideration?
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- The Human Microbiome Project: What's in it for IPs?
- The surprising culprit of C-Section surgical site infections
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2013
Cover story: Self-assessment to advance IP competency Open access
- Infection preventionists across the country identified the cause of the recent fungal meningitis outbreak and worked collaboratively to stop its spread.
- By following a few key recommendations, infection preventionists can ensure that HAI data reporting is both simplified and reliable.
- New York hospitals face infection prevention challenges in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
- A microbiological overview of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae.
A Special Long-Term Care Supplement to Prevention Strategist—Summer 2013
- Mold: A threat to long-term care residents
- Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens from needlesticks in long-term care
- Preventing pneumonia and lower respiratory tract infections
- A microbiological overview of Clostridium difficile Open access
- The infection prevention program checklist for long-term care