Translate science into practice with Prevention Strategist, APIC’s signature magazine. This quarterly publication provides members with evidence-based strategies and practical guidance from leading experts to help prevent infection.
- View the Prevention Strategist 2019 publishing schedule.
- Access information for authors and editorial guidelines.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order article reprints.
- For advertising inquiries, contact:
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2019
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2018
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2018
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2018
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2018
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2017
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2011
Cover story: While CLABSI rates have been declining in the U.S., new studies suggest that an expanded approach may be necessary to achieve even greater success.
- The HAI consumer awareness movement is effecting change in the infection prevention profession, making transparency of quality healthcare a priority for all.
- Understand how to use national momentum to accelerate action and engage leadership.(Column from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital created an international training model that has inspired many to achieve what was once perceived as impossible: preventing infections in resource-limited countries.
- New Orleans’ Northshore hospitals collaborate to prevent and treat surgical site infections.
- The new consensus surrounding sterilization: Understanding the shift from “flash” sterilization to “immediate-use” sterilization.
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2011
Cover story: Understanding the hospital readmission problem can produce a successful transition from hospital to home.
- As new and intensified demands are placed on IPs, there is a rapidly escalating need to apply research and influence evidence-based changes via implementation science.
- Dr. Brahm Marjadi’s seven-month trek across rural Indonesia helped improve infection prevention standards in his region.
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Central lowers infection rates by elevating infection prevention to an institution-wide initiative.
- A Georgia hospital’s “amazing” NICU initiatives are keeping premature babies healthy and safe, while raising the bar in infection prevention.
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2010
Cover story: Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement—A Look Back, A Look Ahead
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2010
Cover story: VALUABLE LESSONS—Flu Survey Finds Mixed Preparedness in Preventing and Addressing the Spread of Infection
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2010
Cover story: HAI Lawsuits: Preventing a “Perfect Storm”
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2010
Cover story: A Door to the Future—Can a fresh approach in the C-suite save lives and money?
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2009
Cover story: ALERT! A hemorrhagic fever case puts IPs on the front lines at a U.S. Army hospital
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2009
Cover story: When things go wrong—Just Culture promotes compassion and education to reduce medical errors
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2008
Cover story: Desiging a cleaner future
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2008
- Staff-Driven Cultural Transformation Diminishes MRSA
- When Animals Visit Patients: Reducing the Risk of Disease Transmission
- Make Needlestick Safety Personal – and Protect Staff
- Reaching Out to a New Generation of ICPs