As an APIC chapter, you are a component of the principal professional society in the field of infection prevention and epidemiology. Chapters are an integral part of APIC and receive support for local infection prevention efforts, including:
- Chapter leadership resources and communications containing the latest information about APIC activities and services; activities of other chapters and similar organizations; and other information pertinent to our members
- Chapter bonding and liability insurance
- Collection of dues and assistance with chapter financial activities
- 24/7 online access to the most up-to-date membership rosters
- Assistance with recruitment of APIC members who are not affiliated with the chapter
APIC state coordinating council
APIC chapters have the opportunity to join with other chapters within the state to form an APIC state coordinating council.
Chapter leadership meeting at the APIC Annual Conference
This meeting provides an opportunity to share chapter concerns directly with APIC volunteer leaders and staff. It also provides the chance to learn new leadership skills that will enrich your practice and chapter.
All local chapter members are also members of APIC, thus receiving full privileges and services, including: