- What is certification?
Actual current practice in the field of infection prevention and control is required for initial certification. There is no minimum time requirement to be eligible to take the certification exam; however, it is written for a person who has actively practiced in the field for two years.
Please visit the CBIC website at www.cbic.org to view the details outlined in the candidate handbook. You may also contact CBIC directly at 913-541-0400 x4477. APIC also provides resources on our CIC Certification page to guide Infection Preventionists and other Healthcare professionals in the right direction.
- Where can I find information for the APIC Annual Conference?
Please visit the APIC Annual Conference website. There you will find all the information for upcoming dates, deadlines, registration, housing, exhibitors, and much more. For additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
- I'm having difficulties registering for a course or event online. What can I do?
Some members may experience problems when attempting to register for our online courses or in-person events using older web browsers. If you experience any issues, please return to the course page and download the available registration form. For additional assistance, complete the Contact Us form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I obtain my certificate and CEUs for an educational program?
Online courses and Virtual Learning Labs (e.g. Microbiology 101, Basics of Infection Prevention)
Your evaluation information will be provided within the platform at the end of each course. Upon completion of the evaluation, your course will be moved to your completed courses. Visit My Transcripts, followed by the Grades tab to download a PDF of your certificate. You must download the PDF first before printing. If using Adobe Acrobat, make sure your print settings are set to Documents and Mark-Ups under the Comments and Formatting section of the Print window.
Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and unique code to the evaluation. Upon completion, a certificate will be available for download.
EPI Intensives and Infection Prevention Academy
Module and overall course evaluations will be available through a link provided in your course materials. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.
To access course evaluations, click here.
Per APIC's evaluation policy, all course-related evaluations must be completed within 30 days of course completion.
- Username: APIC Member ID #
- Password: apic (all lowercase)
- How do I view webinars?
- Visit the webinars page.
- You access the library of live and on-demand webinars.
- Click the “More info & register” button once you find the webinar you would like to attend.
- Near the bottom of the page, you will be given several options depending the webinar you have selected.
- If registering for an upcoming live webinar, please select either ‘Live Webinar’ or ‘On Demand Recording’ for your choice webinar format.
- If you are registering for an archived webinar, select "Add to Cart". (The other option "Already ordered this Archive? Log in Now" should only be selected if you have already registered and received a confirmation email.)
- Click “Add to Cart” button. (Webinars are free for members only.)
- Reconfirm your login information.
- Confirm Registrant information. Please note: ALL fields are required to be filled in or you will receive an error message that your member Id is invalid.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Upon checkout, you will be taken to confirmation page with instructions to access the webinar, as well as your unique login link and password.
- Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and a code to complete the evaluation and obtain your certificate.
Shortly after you check out, you will also receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the webinar.
- How do I access my online education courses (Online Learning)?
To access an online course, please use the following steps:
Step 1: Log in to APIC.org using the green “Sign in” button at the top of every webpage.
Step 2: Once you have successfully logged in, click on My Courses near your name at the top of the page.
Step 3: Upon reaching your personalized Dashboard, select "Launch" next to the course you would like to begin.
Step 4: At the completion of the course, visit My Transcripts, followed by Grades, to obtain a copy of your certificate. A link to the certificate can be found under each completed course.
For more assistance on our online learning courses, visit our APIC Education Online FAQ page.