- About APIC
- Vision and mission
- Past Presidents
- Remembering Carole DeMille
- The 1970s
- The 1980s
- The 1990s
- The 2000s
- The 2010s
- History of CBIC
- APIC Conference Videos
- Work at APIC
- Contact us
- Membership Sections
- For Media
EMS/Public Safety applies to the dynamic and unstructured work environments in which emergency field responders work. However, the infection prevention issues that EMS/public safety practitioners face are not significantly different from those of the hospital environment.
The EMS/Public Safety section has members who come from hospitals, long-term care facilities, and public health agencies. Members of this multidisciplinary group provide support to one another through knowledge and resource sharing. The goal of this section is to ensure that first responders have the necessary information to implement sound and proven infection prevention programs and techniques in their daily work.
EMS/public safety practice resources
- APIC Text of Infection Control & Epidemiology, 4th edition (2014)
- Ready Reference for Microbes, 3rd edition
- Guide to Infection Prevention in Emergency Medical Services
Join the EMS/Public Safety section—get involved today.
- EMS/Public Safety MyAPIC community – connect with 800+ members in EMS to get answers to your most pressing issues. You can post a question or engage in this community 24/7. Participation is restricted to current members of this section.
To join the EMS/Public Safety section, contact APIC membership at email@example.com.