- About APIC
- Vision and mission
- Past Presidents
- Remembering Carole DeMille
- The 1970s
- The 1980s
- The 1990s
- The 2000s
- The 2010s
- History of CBIC
- APIC Conference Videos
- Work at APIC
- Contact us
- Membership Sections
- For Media
The World Health Organization defines public health as “all organized measures (whether public or private) to prevent disease, promote health, and prolong life among the population as a whole.” APIC’s Public Health Section strives to support infection preventionists working in community based organizations, quality improvement organizations, and local, state, and federal public health departments as they coordinate efforts to reduce the burden of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) across the continuum of care.
With increasing regulatory oversight and HAI reporting linked to federal reimbursement, public health is well-poised to support the infection prevention community. Yet those working in this arena face unique challenges of establishing a sustainable infrastructure, coordinating successful multi-facility prevention collaboratives, and navigating an ever changing healthcare environment. The threat of new and emerging infectious diseases, multi-drug resistant organisms, and outbreaks in healthcare settings further highlight the need for public health infection preventionists; these same topics, and more, will be explored further in the section’s online community.
Public Health practice resources
- APIC Text of Infection Control & Epidemiology, 4th edition (2014)
- Ready Reference for Microbes, 3rd edition
Join the Public Health section—get involved today.
- Public Health MyAPIC community – connect with other members who work in public health to get answers to your most pressing issues. You can post a question or engage in this community 24/7. Participation is restricted to current members of this section.
- Topical webinars – participate in live and/or recorded webinars given by top-notch experts on the issues that matter most to you.
To join the Public Health Section, contact Crystal Moohn at email@example.com.