- APIC Announcements
- News Releases
- Interview/Speaker Request
Washington, January 13, 2012 – The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) is pleased to announce its 2012 officers, Board of Directors, and new members of the Nominating and Awards committee.
Michelle Farber, RN, CIC, a Minnesota professional with three decades of experience in infection prevention who has held numerous positions within APIC, was nominated as president-elect in 2010 and will now serve as 2012 president. Farber is an infection preventionist with Mercy Community Hospital in Coons Rapids, Minn.
Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC, has been elected president-elect, a position she will hold until January 2013, at which time she will become APIC president. Patti is director of infection prevention and quality at Methodist Hospital for Surgery in Addison, Texas.
Linda Greene, RN, MPS, CIC, has been elected to serve a two-year term as secretary. Linda is director of infection prevention for Rochester General Health System in Rochester, N.Y.
Board of Directors
The following APIC members have been elected or re-elected to serve on the APIC Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning in January 2012:
- Vickie Brown, RN, MPH, CIC, is associate director, hospital epidemiology at University of North Carolina Health Care in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Linda Goss, MSN, APRN, ANP-BC, CIC, COHN-S, is director of infection prevention and the vascular access specialist team at the University of Louisville Hospital in Louisville, Ky.
- Mary Lou Manning, PhD, CRNP, CIC, is associate professor and director of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at the Thomas Jefferson University, School of Nursing in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Connie Steed, RN, MSN, CIC, returning for a second term, is director of infection prevention at the Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center in Greenville, S.C.
- Sharon Williamson, MT(ASCP)SM, CIC, is infection prevention manager at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas in Dallas, Texas.
- Carole Guinane, RN, MBA, elected as an external director, is vice president for ASC Clinical Operations at Novant Healthcare, Inc., in Charlotte, N.C.
Other members continuing on the APIC Board of Directors in 2012 will include:
- Russell Olmsted, MPH, CIC , immediate past president
- Jennie Mayfield, BSN, MPH, CIC, treasurer
- Linda “B” Burton, RN, BSN, CIC, director
- Neil Pascoe, RN, BSN, CIC, director
- Jolynn Zeller, RN, BS, CIC, director
- Clifton Orme, MBA, external director
Nominating and Awards Committee
The following APIC members were elected to serve on the Nominating and Awards Committee:
- Loretta Litz Fauerbach, MS, CIC, is director of infection prevention and control at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla.
- Stephen Streed, MS, CIC, is system director, epidemiology/infection control at HealthPark Medical Center in Fort Myers, Fla.
APIC’s mission is to improve health and patient safety by reducing risks of infection. The association’s more than 14,000 members direct infection prevention programs that save lives and improve the bottom line for hospitals and other healthcare facilities. APIC advances its mission through education, research, collaboration, practice guidance, public policy, and credentialing. Visit APIC online at www.apic.org. Follow APIC on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apic.