The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announced its newly elected 2013 officers, directors, and new members of the Nominating and Awards Committee.
Jennie L. Mayfield, BSN, MPH, CIC, has been elected president-elect, a position she will hold until January 2014, at which time she will become APIC president. Jennie is currently a clinical epidemiologist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri.
Vickie M. Brown, RN, MPH, CIC, has been elected treasurer. Vickie is currently the director of infection prevention and control at WakeMed in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The following APIC members have been elected to serve on the Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning in January 2013:
- Barbara DeBaun, RN, MSN, CIC, improvement advisor for Cynosure Healthcare Consulting in San Francisco, California.
- Susan A. Dolan, RN, MS, CIC, hospital epidemiologist at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, Colorado.
- Donna Giannuzzi, RN, MBA, NEA-BC, chief patient care officer for Lee Memorial Health System and chief administrative officer for the HealthPark Medical Center, also a part of the Lee Memorial Health System in Fort Myers, Florida. (External Director)
- Jacie Volkman, MPH, CIC, CHEP, manager of infection prevention at Mission Health System in Asheville, North Carolina and a senior consultant with Safety Management Services.
- Marc-Oliver Wright, MT (ASCP), MS, CIC, corporate director of infection control for NorthShore University HealthSystem in Evanston, Illinois.
Nominating and Awards Committee:
The following APIC members were elected to serve on the 2013 Nominating and Awards Committee:
- Thomas Button, RN, BSN, NE-BC, CIC, corporate director, infection prevention & control, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Carolyn Jackson, RN, MA, CIC, project manager for the Delmarva Foundation, Easton, Maryland.
The APIC membership approved the following changes to the APIC Bylaws:
Article VII, Board of Directors, Section 2. Terms – The directors shall serve a term of three (3) years or until a successor has assumed office. Directors may not serve consecutive terms in the same capacity. Directors are not eligible for re-election in the same capacity until three (3) years have lapsed following completion of their previous term.
Article IX Committees, Section 1. Executive Committee (A) — Shall consist of six (6) members of the Board of Directors: the president, the president-elect, the immediate past president, the treasurer, the secretary and one member elected at the first board meeting of the year by and from the current Board of Directors. The chief staff executive shall serve as ex-officio non-voting member of the Executive Committee.
Article IX, Committees, Section 3. Audit Committee — The composition of the Audit Committee shall be based on best practices of non-profit associations.
Article IX, Committees, Section 4. Finance Committee – The composition of the Finance Committee shall be based on best practices of non-profit associations.
Many thanks to the 1,596 of you who voted in this year’s elections.