Washington, January 19, 2012 – The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) today announced the complete redesign and launch of its main website, www.apic.org.
The new website has been re-built to offer numerous enhancements to help infection preventionists, healthcare professionals, and consumers obtain up-to-date information on infection prevention and control. The new site features:
- Modernized look and feel
- Updated content and resources
- User-friendly site navigation
- Improved search functions
- Improved functionality for member log-in, updates, and renewals
- Expanded e-communities and highlights of current discussions on MyAPIC (APIC’s internal social networking site)
- Interactive online publication viewer
- New APIC chapter map
- Newly launched job board
- Streamlined bookstore with product details, table of contents, and images
“We are pleased to provide this vastly updated website to our members and others who rely on us for resources and information on infection prevention,” said Katrina Crist, MBA, CEO of APIC. “In this dynamic healthcare environment where infection prevention and quality of care are central issues, we believe it is critically important to provide the public with ready access to high-quality information to prevent the spread of infection.”
APIC’s mission is to improve health and patient safety by reducing risks of infection. The association’s more than 14,000 members direct infection prevention programs that save lives and improve the bottom line for hospitals and other healthcare facilities. APIC advances its mission through education, research, collaboration, practice guidance, public policy, and credentialing. Follow APIC on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apic.