Education & Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
- CIC Certification
- Annual Conference 2019
- EPI® Education Series
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Course Catalog
Hyatt Regency Austin
September 24, 2015 – Austin, TX
The target audience for this workshop is infection preventionists who are in the proficient and expert stages of their careers (according to APIC’s Competency Model). Although the presentations will emphasize acute care, anyone responsible for infection prevention with a desire to enhance their management, leadership, and financial intelligence should enroll.
7 hours of live training (1 day)
A one day interactive workshop focused on the critically important issues of finance and quality and safety science will be two areas of focus for this one-day, interactive workshop. Attendees will spend the first portion of the workshop learning how to prepare a business case that that gets attention from the C-suite, then how to gather the budget information needed to develop and deliver anon-point presentation. The afternoon session equips attendees with state-of-the-art methods for leading quality improvement initiatives in healthcare; illustrate attributes of High Reliability Organizations, and how to blend these approaches into improving prevention strategies that impact patient outcomes.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Promote their infection prevention program to their facility’s administrative leadership, while integrating the financial benefits of improvement and safety initiatives.
- Apply knowledge of human performance to integrate principles of safety into practice.
- Synthesize traits of High Reliability Organizations (HRO), and human factors engineering (HFE), into the planning, design, and implementation of infection prevention programs.
Program Benefits/Why Attend
- Comprehensive content, including leadership sessions on motivation, negotiation, ethics, patient safety, and financial management.
- Active discussion groups that facilitate the sharing of experiences, address specific challenges, and create workplace solutions.
- Professional networking with colleagues from highly regarded organizations.
- Open forum to raise issues and receive feedback on the challenges your organization faces.
- Meet and learn from expert instructors.
Continuing Nursing Education Credits (CNEs) are a recognized method of quantifying participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction. One contact hour is defined as one hour of time spent in an educational experience. Nursing contact hours: 7.
|Location:||Early member||Early nonmember||Regular member||Regular nonmember|
|Seattle, WA: March 17
Grand Hyatt Seattle
|Austin, TX: September 24
Hyatt Regency Austin
Registration fee includes attendance and course materials only. It does not include travel expenses (hotel accommodations and airfare). Course fees are shown above. Fee covers one course only.
*Early course deadline is August 28 for the Fall Academy in Austin, TX.
**Non-member registration includes a complimentary 1-year membership to APIC.
All cancellation requests must be received by APIC in writing (fax or email) prior to the start of the course. A $75 cancellation fee will be assessed if the request is received on or before the early registration deadline. A $100 cancellation fee will be assessed if the request is received after the early registration deadline. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-789-1899. No refunds for cancellations received after course start date. No shows are non-refundable. Substitutes are allowed.
APIC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP7146.
Make reservations or contact the hotel at the number listed below to receive the negotiated conference rates:
September 24, 2015
Hyatt Regency Austin – Austin, TX
208 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
Hotel room rate: $199 single/double occupancy
* Special rate guaranteed through August 28, 2015 or until conference block has sold out.