Education & Certification
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Event Location: Sheraton Suites Galleria-Atlanta
Address: 2844 Cobb Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339
This novice-level four-day course provides an intensive training experience for healthcare professionals providing infection prevention oversight in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory care practice settings. Learn what you need to know to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements through evidenced-based best practices that reduce risk.
Course topics to include:
- Risk Assessment
- Emerging pathogens
- Multi-drug resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Disinfection and sterilization
- Preparing for CMS surveys
- Construction and renovation
- Essential Elements for an Infection Prevention Program
- Competency Requirements for the Infection Preventionist
A highly interactive course, the ASC Intensive education opportunity is led by experienced faculty who teach complex concepts in everyday language, facilitate smaller group activities, lead question/answer sessions, and encourage the sharing of individual experiences. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhance networking.
Libby Chinnes, RN, BSN, CIC
Infection Prevention and Control Consultant IC Solutions, LLC
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Marcia Patrick, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC
Consultant and Educator, Infection Prevention and Control
Tacoma, WA/West Palm Beach, FL
General Registration Information:
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations and lunch). Course fees are shown below.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
Early registration deadline: Thursday, April 19, 2018
|Early Member||Early Non-Member|
Regular registration deadline: Thursday, May 3, 2018
|Regular Member||Regular Non-Member|
*If you register at the non-member rate, you’ll receive a complimentary 1-year APIC membership.
- Please note: complimentary membership is not available for current or lapsed members.
If paying by check, please check course webpage before mailing as course may reach capacity before deadline. Mail payment along with registration form to:
ATT: ASC Intensive
P.O. Box 79502
Baltimore, MD 21279
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course. Registration fees may be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
- 4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
- 10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact email@example.com for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
Accreditation, Contact Hours and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Contact Hours: Attendees will be able to earn between 31 contact hours for this activity, and can only be obtained through completion of the online evaluation.
Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. All evaluations must be completed within 30 days. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide contact hours, APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.
- Username: APIC Member ID # (hint: your badge ID #)
- Password: apic (all lowercase)
Sheraton Suites Galleria-Atlanta
Discounted hotel rooms are available until April 22, 2018 or until the room block is full.
Address: 2844 Cobb Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (501) 906-4000
Room Rate: $179.00 Single/Double (Sun-Wed)
When making phone reservations, mention "APIC" to receive the discounted room rate.