Education & Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
- CIC Certification
- Annual Conference 2019
- EPI® Education Series
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Course Catalog
This course is no longer available. APIC now provides EPI in Long-Term Care, a more in-depth foundational course for IPs in the long-term care setting.
Long-term care (LTC) facilities have unique challenges in infection prevention. This online course is designed to provide infection prevention training specific to the LTC environment.
The modules include the following content areas:
- Basics of infection prevention
- Managing multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Infection prevention challenges in the long-term care setting
- Long-term care infection prevention outbreaks
- Catheter-associated urinary tract Infections (CAUTIs)
- Clostridium difficile and what you need to know
CNE Nursing contact hours: 7
APIC must receive all cancellations in writing within 30 days of purchase if you have not yet started the course. If you have started the course, you must submit your cancellation within 7 days of the start day to be eligible for a refund.
Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.