Education & Certification
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Set Yourself Up for Success on the CIC Exam with APIC with this exceptional course.
Prepare for your CIC exam with this comprehensive course! Now with an enhanced mobile experience, the updated course features:
- Nine modules corresponding to the content areas covered on the CIC exam
- Activities and interactions to test your knowledge, including digital flashcards and matching games
- A practice exam using retired CIC exam questions
- One year access
This development course gives you the confidence you need to earn this vital credential.
The course includes nine modules corresponding to the content areas of the certification exam, one general chapter about taking the exam, and a timed practice exam using retired CIC exam questions.
The modules cover the following content areas:
- CIC Certification Exam
- Identification of infectious disease processes
- Surveillance and epidemiological investigation
- Preventing and controlling the transmission of infectious agents
- Employee/Occupational Health
- Management and communication
- Education and research
- Environment of care
- Cleaning, disinfection, sterilization, and asepsis
This program is mapped to the APIC’s IP Competency Model. This model describes the knowledge, skills, and behaviors considered key to advancement and guides IPs toward areas of professional development throughout all career stages. Click here to view the full model.
Paying by check? Please download the 2020 registration form and mail it to the noted address. Please ensure that the registration form and any corresponding documents are included as we cannot process registrations without payment.
Bulk sales are available. Email eLearning@apic.org for more information.
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Course evaluations will be available in your online training menu at the end of the course.
All course-related evaluations must be completed within 30 days of course completion. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or download under My Transcripts for your records indicating CEUs.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity.
We recommend the below browsers and plug-ins for the best online learning experience
- Minimum Internet Bandwidth
Standard Definition (SD) videos: 5 Mbps
- High Definition (HD) videos: 8 Mbps
Computer Operating System
- PC: Windows XP or newer
- Mac: OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above
- Firefox support for most recent 2 public versions
- Safari support for most recent 2 public versions
- Google Chrome support for most recent 2 public versions
Flash Player version 10.2.159.1 or higher. Go to Adobe Flash Player to install the latest version.
APIC must receive all cancellations in writing within 30 days of purchase if you have not yet started the course. If you have started the course, you must submit your cancellation within 7 days of the start day to be eligible for a refund.
Please submit cancellation requests to eLearning@apic.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Courses are non-transferrable and remain with the original registered individual regardless of position changes or employee departures.