Education & Certification
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Hyatt Regency Austin
September 25, 2015 – Austin, TX
This workshop is directed to infection preventionists who are in the proficient and expert stages of their careers (according to APIC’s Competency Model). Although the presentations will emphasize acute care, anyone responsible for leading their organization’s infection prevention program and has a desire to learn program management methodologies to reduce patient harm events and plans for and provides resources to projects and processes that support prevention initiatives.
Healthcare Professionals will learn how to design, implement, and evaluate their infection prevention program and related safety initiatives.
- Learn how to create and maintain processes that support infection prevention practices in order to reduce transmission of hospital-acquired infections.
- Learn to establish a vision, set priorities, and engage key partners to move the infection prevention and control program forward.
- Identify steps to successful change.
- List at least four strategies integral to successfully influencing and communicating with people.
Program Benefits/Why Attend
- Manage resources effectively and plans for resources needed to support prioritized programs.
- Enhance project management knowledge related to project initiation, planning management and implementation.
- Learn to apply project leadership strategies to ensure project success.
- Build skills to educate and train your team on best practices in project management.
Continuing Nursing Education Credits (CNEs) are a recognized method of quantifying participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction. One contact hour is defined as one hour of time spent in an educational experience. Nursing contact hours: 7.
|Location:||Early member||Early nonmember||Regular member||Regular nonmember|
|Austin, TX: September 25
Hyatt Regency Austin
Registration fee includes attendance and course materials only. It does not include travel expenses (hotel accommodations and airfare). Course fees are shown above. Fee covers one course only.
*Early course deadline is August 28 for the Fall Academy in Austin, TX.
**Non-member registration includes a complimentary 1-year membership to APIC.
All cancellation requests must be received by APIC in writing (fax or email) prior to the start of the course. A $75 cancellation fee will be assessed if the request is received on or before the early registration deadline. A $100 cancellation fee will be assessed if the request is received after the early registration deadline. Please submit cancellation requests to email@example.com or fax to 202-789-1899. No refunds for cancellations received after course start date. No shows are non-refundable. Substitutes are allowed.
APIC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP7146.
Make reservations or contact the hotel at the number listed below to receive the negotiated conference rates:
September 25, 2015
Hyatt Regency Austin - Austin, TX
208 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
Hotel room rate: $199 single/double occupancy
* Special rate guaranteed through August 28, 2015 or until conference block has sold out.