Education & Certification
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Registration for the 2019 APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course is now closed.
The APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course is an exclusive, high-level, 3-day interactive learning experience that will provide participants with skills they need for effective infection prevention and control (IPC) leadership in their facility.
Developed in partnership with the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), this program provides an opportunity for infection preventionists (IPs) and healthcare epidemiologists (HEs) from facilities of all types to partner with each other and/or their administrators (quality directors, chiefs of nursing or medicine, patient safety directors, etc.), or others crucial to IPC in your facility for a truly unique learning experience. This interactive learning course focuses on the key concepts of leadership, decision-making, team-building, culture management, and influence.
- Get proven leadership learning from the American Association for Physician Leadership that maximizes the best practices from APIC and SHEA.
- Experience a unique paired learning environment.
- Gain leadership competencies essential for healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues to grow your network and your influence.
“I hear a lot from IPs who want to know more about leadership, conflict resolution, setting priorities, and handling budget pressures. This course was timely and seemed specifically designed to address these questions.” -Pam Webb, RN, MPH, CIC
Who Should Attend
- IPs, HEs, quality directors, patient safety directors, nurse executives, physician leaders, and others in positions to enhance the IPC program and who are ready to help their facility transform into the healthcare setting of the future.
- Team managers and people leaders who want to expand their management and leadership toolkits.
- Mid-level or advanced IPs and physicians who are looking to advance their leadership skills to the next level.
- APIC or SHEA members committed to the future of IPC.
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials, and select meals. Your fee also includes the AAPL CPI 260, a comprehensive personality assessment tool for leaders and executives. Normally priced at $175, we are providing this key component of the learning curriculum free to all participants. Fees do not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations, or dinner except for the first evening). Breakfasts and lunches are included. Course fees are shown below.
Do I have to attend with my IP and/or physician partner?
While the curriculum has been optimized for the paired learning experience for IPs and physicians, you can still register as a solo participant without losing any of the educational or experiential value. You will still get the same exceptional learning and leadership skills that your career needs to advance.
|Standard Rate |
Paying by check, or prefer to register via mail? Download a registration form.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to email@example.com or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
APIC and SHEA are working together to build a world without infection–and further developing shared leadership with IPs and HEs. Quality directors, IPs, HEs, and other healthcare administrators/executives will build a more effective team-based environment. Developing the knowledge and insight as co-leaders needed to impact the future of infection prevention is key to our success. Don’t miss out on your chance to grow your leadership skills and advance your profession.
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) is a professional society that improves public health by establishing infection prevention measures and supporting antibiotic stewardship among healthcare providers. They do this by educating the next generation, leading research studies, translating research into clinical practice, developing smart policy, promoting antibiotic stewardship, and advancing and educating the field of healthcare epidemiology.
About the AAPL
The American Association for Physician Leadership® provides physicians with the knowledge and skills required to become better leaders through leadership education, management training and career development designed for the physician workforce (and the organizations they represent). They train thousands of physicians every year, and have approximately 10,000 active members (across 40 countries) at any given time – including CEOs, chief medical officers, vice presidents of medical affairs and others at all levels of organizations.