Applied Learning Conference
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Applied Learning Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Group Training
- EPI® Education Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- CIC Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Pre-Conference Workshops | October 25 | 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Each of these Pre-Conference Workshops is eligible for an additional 7.5 CEs:
CIC® Certification Preparatory Course
Designed for those preparing to take the CIC exam or recertification exam, this interactive course will teach the fundamental concepts of IPC practice and provide test preparation tips, strategies, and practice questions. Access guidance for developing a personal study plan and identify test-taking strategies. Please note: This class will not teach IPC basics. It will help attendees develop familiarity with the CIC exam content and structure and will help develop confidence for taking the exam. Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe key concepts and competencies of IPC practice as defined in the CBIC content outline.
- Discuss how examination questions are constructed.
- Describe the steps in the certification process.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze different types of exam questions working with peers and guided by expert IPs.
- Linda R. Greene, RN, MPS, FAPIC, CIC
- Carol M. McLay, DrPH, MPH, RN, FAPIC, CIC
Beyond the Status Quo: Innovative Strategies for Addressing Hand Hygiene
Though a cornerstone of IPC, hand hygiene (HH) programs still present many challenges. Discover emerging issues and learn innovative strategies to address persistent problems in HH. Behavior change strategies and innovations help address issues such as adherence, cultural and behavioral issues, and monitoring. Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the landscape of HH research and innovations applicable to the implementation of effective HH programs.
- Apply concepts from the science of behavior change to HH programs.
- Describe innovations in technology-enhanced hand hygiene surveillance and their potential benefits and drawbacks to HH adherence.
- Elaine Larson, RN, PhD, Associate Dean for Research and Anna C. Maxwell Professor of Nursing Research, School of Nursing, Professor of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University
- Tim Landers, PhD RN CNP CIC FAAN, Epidemiologist/Associate Professor, The Ohio State University
- Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC, Director of Infection Prevention, Prisma Health-Upstate
- Ethan Cumbler, MD, FACP, FHM, Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Officer of the Medical Staff, University of Colorado Hospital, Director of Quality, University of Colorado Department of Surgery