NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
APIC has the education and resources to help you train staff, manage compliance, and develop successful infection prevention and control practices for the care and safety of your patients and residents in your long-term care facility.
This convenient bundle combines our popular online learning course with one of our most popular publications to give you a comprehensive overview of the key topics you need to know. From federal regulations to C. difficile in LTCs, you’ll be well-prepared to design and manage successful infection prevention and control programs in your facility.
Learning Bundle Pricing
Learning Bundle Options
EPI® in Long-Term Care Education Series
Online Learning Course
Infection Prevention Guide to Long-Term Care
EPI® in Long-Term Care Education Series Online
CNEs: 27.25 hours
Federal regulations have a significant impact on how long-term care facilities address infection prevention and control. APIC’s popular EPI® for Long-Term Care Education Series Online provides in-depth training and development for infection preventionists in LTCs.
Topics Covered Include:
- The Role of the IP
- Basic Microbiology
- Federal and State Regulations and the Mega Rule
- Multi-Drug Resistance Organisms
- Managing an IPC Program
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization in LTC
- Facility Design, Construction and Renovation
- Surveillance and Practice Case Studies
- Water Management Program
Infection Prevention Guide to Long-Term Care (PDF)
This newly updated publication aims to help infection preventionists and other leaders in LTC facilities navigate the new regulatory environment and implement evidence-based infection prevention and control (IPC) programs. You’ll get how-to IPC strategies for this unique practice setting.
- Discussion of the context and regulatory environment for infection prevention and control in LTC
- Coverage of critical topic areas, including surveillance, antimicrobial stewardship, vaccinations, standard- and transmission-based precautions, and treatment modalities
- Overview of occupational health, environmental factors in LTC facilities, and emergency and disaster preparedness
Course Cancellation/Transfer Policy
APIC must receive all cancellations in writing within 30 days of purchase if you have not yet started the course. If you have started the course, you must submit your cancellation within 7 days of the start day to be eligible for a refund.
Please submit cancellation requests to eLearning@apic.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Courses are non-transferrable and remain with the original registered individual regardless of position changes or employee departures.
Digital product returns policy
Please note that digital products (including PDF-format books, APIC Text Online subscriptions, MegaSurvey reports and the MegaSurvey Dashboard) are not eligible for return or exchange.