NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Applied Learning Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Group Training
- EPI® Education Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- CIC Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
APIC has the education and resources to help you train staff, manage compliance, and develop successful infection prevention and control practices for the care and safety of your patients and residents in your long-term care facility.
This convenient bundle combines our popular online learning course with one of our most popular publications to give you a comprehensive overview of the key topics you need to know. From federal regulations to C. difficile in LTCs, you’ll be well-prepared to design and manage successful infection prevention and control programs in your facility.
Learning Bundle Pricing
Save 10% off full retail value with this exceptional bundle.
Learning Bundle Options
EPI® in Long-Term Care Education Series
Online Learning Course
Infection Prevention Guide to Long-Term Care
EPI® in Long-Term Care Education Series Online
CNEs: 27.25 hours
Federal regulations have a significant impact on how long-term care facilities address infection prevention and control. APIC’s popular EPI® for Long-Term Care Education Series Online provides in-depth training and development for infection preventionists in LTCs.
Topics Covered Include:
- The Role of the IP
- Basic Microbiology
- Federal and State Regulations and the Mega Rule
- Multi-Drug Resistance Organisms
- Managing an IPC Program
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization in LTC
- Facility Design, Construction and Renovation
- Surveillance and Practice Case Studies
- Water Management Program
Infection Prevention Guide to Long-Term Care (PDF)
This newly updated publication aims to help infection preventionists and other leaders in LTC facilities navigate the new regulatory environment and implement evidence-based infection prevention and control (IPC) programs. You’ll get how-to IPC strategies for this unique practice setting.
- Discussion of the context and regulatory environment for infection prevention and control in LTC
- Coverage of critical topic areas, including surveillance, antimicrobial stewardship, vaccinations, standard- and transmission-based precautions, and treatment modalities
- Overview of occupational health, environmental factors in LTC facilities, and emergency and disaster preparedness