- Accreditation & Contact Hours
- CIC Certification
- Annual Conference 2019
- EPI® Education Series
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Course Catalog
Upcoming ASC Intensive Dates
ASC Intensives are offered throughout the Spring in locations across the U.S.
Need to claim your contact hours from an APIC course?
- Select My Account in the top right corner of www.apic.org to log in using your APIC username (email) and password
- Select “My Courses” menu option in the top right corner
- When on your course Dashboard, click the Launch button to complete the survey
- Once survey is completed, visit My Transcripts Grades to download your certificate
Note: if you are looking for evaluations from an Intensive prior to 2019, please follow this link and log in with your APIC ID (badge ID) and password "apic"
This intensive training course covers specialized infection prevention and control (IPC) practices for healthcare professionals who provide IPC oversight in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory surgery care practice settings. Over the course of four days, you will learn evidence-based best practices to develop an effective IPC program to protect patients, reduce risk, and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements.
Novice Approaching Proficient
Infection Prevention & Control Performance Improvement & Implementation Science
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist (IP) working in an ASC facility. Areas of emphasis include: preparing surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Led by experienced faculty, the ASC Intensive course delivers complex concepts taught in everyday language. Small group activities, Q&A sessions, and sharing of real-world experiences reinforce learning. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
If you work in a healthcare facility other than an ambulatory surgery care practice setting, please explore our EPI Intensive course.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Define the role of the IP in meeting standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of microbiology.
- Describe the role of surveillance in the IPC program.
- Develop an IPC plan based on risk assessment results.
- Describe practical applications of recommended practices to be used by the IP in their surveillance program.
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials, and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations, and lunch). Course fees are shown below.
(Includes 1-year APIC membership)
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact email@example.com for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to email@example.com or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.
Accreditation, Contact Hours, and Evaluation
Attendees will be able to earn 28 contact hours for this activity.
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
To receive your credit hours, you must complete the post-course evaluation online. Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. All evaluations must be completed within 30 days. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide contact hours, APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.