- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Earn your ASC Intensive Certificate with this fast-paced interactive course which combines 4 days of in-person training with online pre-and post-course learning.
Registration for 2020 course locations opening soon!
This newly updated course is designed for infection preventionists who work in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory care practice settings. Ideal for full or part-time practitioners with 3 years of less of experience, provides an overview of the required knowledge for healthcare professionals providing infection prevention oversight in their facility.
- Hands-on interactive sessions that cover the fundamentals of IPC in only 4 days
- Blended educational approach that maximizes your learning
- Certificate of achievement that demonstrates your competency and boosts your credibility
View a sample agenda for our ASC Intensive Certificate here.
Early Bird Member Price:
Early Bird Non-Member Price:
Rates increase $150 after Early Bird pricing deadlines. Register early to save.
2020 ASC Intensive Dates & Locations
Plan ahead for 2020! Dates and locations for the 2020 ASC Intensive Certificate courses are available below. These courses are co-located with the EPI Intensive Certificate.
DoubleTree by Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta-Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando
San Diego, CA
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
Want to be updated when registration opens? Sign up below and you’ll be the first to hear the latest news on the newest locations and when registration is ready!
About The Course
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist (IP) working in an ASC facility.
Over the course of four days, you’ll cover the fundamental components of infection prevention and control in an ASC, including risk assessment, how to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients, accrediting and regulatory compliance, and the evidenced-based best practices that improve patient, staff, and facility safety.
This fast-paced ASC Intensive Certificate program education opportunity is led by experienced faculty who teach complex concepts in everyday language, facilitate smaller group activities, lead Q&A sessions, and encourage the sharing of individual experiences. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Define the role of the IP in meeting standards or requirements.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of microbiology.
- Describe the role of surveillance in an Infection Prevention and Control program.
- Describe practical applications of recommended practices that can be utilized by the IP in their surveillance program.
- Develop an infection prevention plan from risk assessment results.
To earn the ASC Intensive Certificate and available 33 CEs, participants must complete all program components:
- Four days of training led by experienced instructors (33 contact hours awarded for attendance and evaluation)
- Five online modules to reinforce learning
- Limited enrollment for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
- Pre- and post-course self-evaluation
- Program evaluation
2019 Attendee Testimonials
Hundreds of infection preventionists attend an APIC Intensive course each year. Hear what your fellow IPs have to say about this program:
“I [was] looking at 3 of the courses in the Digital resource & flashcard portion and…the overall design of this program and its absolutely fantastic! I have a master’s degree in education and this makes me so happy!”
“I thought this was an excellent training. I will encourage all of my colleagues in my local APIC chapter to sign up for this course. This team did a wonderful job making this education practical and useful for real life events.”
“This course was excellent; I learned so much and am taking a lot of things back to my organization.”
“This program was great; the presenters were knowledgeable, professional, and warm.”
Registration fee includes attendance, one-year access to select online modules, course materials, continental breakfast, and lunch. It does not include travel expenses (airfare and hotel accommodations). Course fees are shown below.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
Accreditation, Contact Hours, and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
To receive your credit hours, you must complete all program components as listed above, including the program evaluation online. Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. The evaluation for the 4-day in-person training must be completed within 30 days. Participants have up to one year to complete all the online components of the program. After satisfying all requirements, your EPI Intensive Certificate will be available to print and/or for your records indicating contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide contact hours, APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.
If you work in a healthcare facility other than an ambulatory surgery care practice setting, please explore our EPI Intensive course.