ASC Intensive Certificate
- Infection Prevention Training & Education
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- CIC Certification
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- Group Training for 30+ Individuals
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Join us in San Diego for this interactive course which combines four days of in-person training with online pre-and post-course learning.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
This course, designed for infection preventionists with 3 years or less of experience, provides fundamental infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory care practice settings.
You’ll learn the various roles and responsibilities of the IP and get a risk assessment framework for understanding IPC. Scenarios, case studies, digital flashcards, group activities, and open discussion will help you learn how to practice and apply fundamental IPC knowledge to enhance your competency.
Save $150 when you register by October 12. Don’t miss out.
Rate increases to $1375 after 10/12/20
Rate increases to $1525 after 10/12/20
Benefits of Attending
This interactive program is comprised of hands-on sessions that cover the fundamentals of IPC in only 4 days. Our blended educational approach maximizes your learning and allows you to earn a certificate of achievement that demonstrates your competency and boosts your credibility.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop an effective IPC risk assessment plan, and understand IPC program management related to employees, environment, population health, devices, procedures, and quality improvement.
- Understand the core principles of IPC including epidemiology, microbiology, pathogens and diseases, construction, and cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization basics.
- Define the role of the IP across the continuum of care.
- Identify key drivers and components of a high-performing IPC team and program, including surveillance, product evaluation, quality improvement, and survey readiness in ASC contexts.
- Apply APIC’s updated Competency Model to your work and professional development.
To earn the ASC Intensive Certificate and available 34 CEs, participants must complete all program components:
- 4-days of face-to-face training led by experienced instructors
- 6 hours of online modules, activities, and knowledge checks to reinforce learning
- Limited enrollment for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
- Pre- and post-course self-evaluation
- Program evaluation
View a sample agenda for our ASC Intensive Certificate here.
Hotel and Travel
San Diego may be known for its great weather, beautiful beaches, and laid-back residents, but there’s so much more. Indulge in San Diego’s rich food culture, check out the cultural districts, and visit the scenic landscapes, including the majestic architecture at Balboa Park and the sparkling ocean views at Mission Beach.
Though San Diego is known for being temperate year-round, Fall is one of the best times to visit.
San Diego International Airport, formerly known as Lindbergh Field, is only 3 miles northwest of Downtown San Diego. It is the busiest single runway airport in the U.S. and known for its close proximity to the skyscrapers of Downtown San Diego.
Prefer to drive? Atlanta is accessible via Interstate 5.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
1960 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: (619) 291-6700
Book by 10/26 to reserve this rate!
The Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island is situated on beautiful San Diego Bay with ideal proximity to the city’s most popular attractions and boasts scenic views of the marina and downtown San Diego skyline. It is only five minutes from San Diego International Airport and provides guests with complimentary airport shuttle services.
Paying by check, or prefer to register via mail? Download a registration form.
Registration fee includes attendance, one-year access to select online modules, course materials, continental breakfast, and lunch. It does not include travel expenses (airfare and hotel accommodations). Course fees are shown below.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
Accreditation, Contact Hours, and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
To receive your credit hours, you must complete all program components as listed above, including the program evaluation online. Course evaluations will be available via an online link provided in course materials. The evaluation for the 4-day in-person training must be completed within 30 days. Participants have up to one year to complete all the online components of the program. After satisfying all requirements, your EPI Intensive Certificate will be available to print and/or for your records indicating contact hours.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. While APIC is approved to provide contact hours, APIC’s educational programs may be eligible for continuing education units from other accrediting bodies. Please contact the accrediting body for more information on eligibility requirements and submission instructions.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.
2020 ASC Intensive Dates & Locations
These dates don’t work with your schedule? Choose another course date that works for you!
DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta-Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando
ASC Intensive Courses are co-located with the EPI Intensive Course
If you are interested in ASC Intensive Certificate onsite or virtual group training click here.