- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Applied Learning Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Group Training
- EPI® Education Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- CIC Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Upcoming ASC Intensive Dates
ASC Intensives are offered throughout the Spring in locations across the U.S.
Need to claim your contact hours from an APIC course?
- Select My Account in the top right corner of www.apic.org to log in using your APIC username (email) and password
- Select “My Courses” menu option in the top right corner
- When on your course Dashboard, click the Launch button to complete the survey
- Once survey is completed, visit My Transcripts Grades to download your certificate
Note: if you are looking for evaluations from an Intensive prior to 2019, please follow this link and log in with your APIC ID (badge ID) and password "apic"
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist (IP) working in an ASC facility. Areas of emphasis include: preparing surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Led by experienced faculty, the ASC Intensive course delivers complex concepts taught in everyday language. Small group activities, Q&A sessions, and sharing of real-world experiences reinforce learning. Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure a quality learning experience and enhanced networking.
Hilton Charlotte Executive Park
Paying by check, or prefer to register via mail? Download a registration form.
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations, and lunch). Course fees are shown below. Register early to save!
(Includes 1-year APIC
|Early Bird |
|Standard Rate |
(from 10/1 thru 10/28/2019)
Pamela Falk, MPH, CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC
Ms. Falk has worked in the infection control field for 35+ years and is currently the President of Pamela S Falk Consulting. She has authored many papers and presented nationally at APIC, SHEA, and the AMA. Falk serves as an APIC Consultant and the Education Chair of the Atlanta APIC chapter. She is the creator of The Don and Doff Fashion Show at APIC’s 2015 and 2016 Annual Conference and created Battles of the IP game at the 2017 and 2018 conference. Falk is a member of the APIC National Education Committee. She holds a Master of Public Health in Infectious Diseases Epidemiology from the University of Michigan.
Janet Riese, MSN, CIC
Ms. Riese has worked in the infection control field for 15+ years and is the Manager of the Infection Prevention/Employee Health. She has lectured at local and regional conferences and runs a mentoring program in Nebraska for those who are new to the field. Riese has served in many capacities with APIC, including as President, and currently serves on the Nebraska Infection Control Network Board. Nationally, Riese was a mentor for Project Protect in 2014-2015 in collaboration with HRET. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing through Creighton University and a Master of Science Degree in Nursing – IC through Sentinel University.
Hotel & Travel
Charlotte holds something for everyone. Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte features the NASCAR Hall of Fame and is home to the Carolina Panthers and the Charlotte Hornets. The Hilton Charlotte Executive Park hotel is located near attractions like Carowinds Park, the Billy Graham Library, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and Quail Hollow Club, home of the PGA Tour’s Wells Fargo Championship.
Getting to Charlotte
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is the sixth busiest airport in the world offering more than 160 nonstop destinations around the globe. CLT oversees more than 700 departures and landings each day, and is served by seven domestic carriers and three foreign flag carriers. The Hilton Charlotte Executive Park hotel is located only 5 miles from CLT.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.