EPI Intensive Certificate
- APIC 2020 Annual Conference
- Applied Learning Conference
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- NEW! Bundled Learning Options
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- Group Training
- EPI® Education Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- CIC Certification
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
Upcoming EPI Intensive Certificate Programs
EPI Intensive Certificate Programs are offered throughout the Summer and Fall in various locations across the U.S.
Need to claim your contact hours from a 2019 APIC course?
- Select My Account in the top right corner of www.apic.org to log in using your APIC username (email) and password
- Select “My Courses” menu option in the top right corner
- When on your course Dashboard, click the Launch button to complete the survey
- Once survey is completed, visit My Transcripts ? Grades to download your certificate
Note: if you are looking for evaluations from an Intensive prior to 2019, please follow this link and log in with your APIC ID (badge ID) and password "apic"
Earn your EPI Intensive Certificate through APIC’s new hybrid program, which combines four-days of face-to-face interactive learning with pre- and post-course online activities to reinforce learning.* This program has been redesigned using a risk assessment framework. Scenarios, case studies, group activities, and open discussion will help you learn how to practice and apply fundamental IPC knowledge to enhance your competency as an IP.
Learn the evidence-based best practices to develop an effective IPC program to protect patients, reduce risk, and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements.
*To earn the EPI Intensive Certificate and available 34 CEs, participants must complete all program components as listed here.
Hilton Charlotte Executive Park
Paying by check, or prefer to register via mail? Download a registration form.
Registration fee includes attendance, one-year access to select online modules, course materials, continental breakfast, and lunch only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare and hotel accommodations). Course fees are shown below. Register early to save!
(Includes 1-year APIC membership)
|Early Bird |
|Standard Rate |
Karen Anderson, CLS, MT(ASCP), MPH, CIC
Ms. Anderson is the Clinical Performance Improvement Consultant – Infection Control Specialist at Sutter Health in Northern California. She has 25+ years of infection prevention experience in a variety of healthcare facilities. Prior to entering infection control & prevention she worked as the Lead Microbiologist in her field of Clinical Laboratory Medicine. Currently she is working on system-wide projects with the 24 Sutter Health Hospitals and numerous Ambulatory Facilities on projects to reduce healthcare associated infections for the entire system. She holds a master’s in public health from San Jose State University.
Sharon Williamson, MBA, MT(ASCP)SM, CIC, FAPIC
Ms. Williamson has been employed by Texas Health Resources for the past 30 years and is currently the Senior Director of Infection Prevention for the healthcare system, including 14 acute care facilities spanning the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Lamar University and her MBA in Healthcare Management from University of Texas at Tyler. Williamson is certified as both a Medical Technologist and Specialist in Microbiology by the American College of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Hotel & Travel
Charlotte is a city that’s equal parts southern charm and cosmopolitan energy. It’s an up-and-coming city filled with new restaurants to try and events that attract people from all over. With a thriving culture, sophisticated dining scene, and unique atmosphere, you’ll be delighted by this melting pot in the Modern South.
Getting to Charlotte
Charlotte is served by Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, located 5 miles from the hotel. A courtesy shuttle bus is available from the airport to the hotel or a taxi may also be taken.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.