EPI Intensive Certificate
- Accreditation & Contact Hours
- CIC Certification
- Annual Conference 2019
- EPI® Education Series
- Face-to-Face Learning
- Online Learning
- Group Training
- EPI® in Long-Term Care Certificate Series
- APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
- Applied Learning Conference
- Course Catalog
Upcoming EPI Intensive Certificate Programs
EPI Intensive Certificate Programs are offered throughout the Summer and Fall in various locations across the U.S.
Need to claim your contact hours from a 2019 APIC course?
- Select My Account in the top right corner of www.apic.org to log in using your APIC username (email) and password
- Select “My Courses” menu option in the top right corner
- When on your course Dashboard, click the Launch button to complete the survey
- Once survey is completed, visit My Transcripts ? Grades to download your certificate
Note: if you are looking for evaluations from an Intensive prior to 2019, please follow this link and log in with your APIC ID (badge ID) and password "apic"
Earn your EPI Intensive Certificate through APIC’s new hybrid program, which combines four-days of face-to-face interactive learning with pre- and post-course online activities to reinforce learning.* This program has been redesigned using a risk assessment framework. Scenarios, case studies, group activities, and open discussion will help you learn how to practice and apply fundamental IPC knowledge to enhance your competency as an IP.
Learn the evidence-based best practices to develop an effective IPC program to protect patients, reduce risk, and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements.
*To earn the EPI Intensive Certificate and available 34 CEs, participants must complete all program components as listed here.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Detroit Downtown
Registration fee includes attendance, one-year access to select online modules, course materials, continental breakfast, and lunch. It does not include travel expenses (airfare and hotel accommodations). Course fees are shown below. Register early to save!
Paying by check, or prefer to register via mail? Download a registration form.
(Includes 1-year APIC membership)
|Early Bird |
|Standard Rate |
Kim Delahanty, RN, BSN, PHN, MBA/HCM, CIC, FAPIC
Ms. Delahanty has been an infection preventionist for over 20 years and is currently the Administrative Director of Infection Prevention and Clinical Epidemiology at UCSD Health System. Delahanty has coauthored an oncology chapter in the recent APIC Text, as well as many peer-reviewed journals, and helped draft a white paper describing best practices for infection prevention programs in California while serving as co-chair of a working group and advisory committee. She serves on the APIC Practice Guidance Committee, is a recipient of the APIC Heroes Award and has held several positions at her APIC chapter.
Peg Gilbert, RN, MS, CIC, FAPIC
Ms. Gilbert is the owner of Quality IC, LLC. The focus of her business is to improve infection prevention practices in healthcare facilities using proven quality improvement strategies. Recently she authored a course on Becoming a Safe Injection Champion as part of a CDC grant awarded to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Gilbert is an infection control consultant and has received the Distinguished Service award from both the Nebraska APIC chapter and the Nebraska Infection Control Network. She has a master’s degree in nursing with an emphasis in adult education from Creighton University.
Hotel & Travel
Motor City has a long history and a bright future. One of America’s most up-and-coming cities, there is plenty of nightlife, culture, arts, and dining to experience! The home to both Motown and American Industry, it’s also home to a lot of firsts: The first paved road, first individually assigned phone numbers, first state fair and even the first place an automatic coffee maker was ever used.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Detroit Downtown
525 W Lafayette Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48226
APIC has negotiated a special rate for EPI Intensive Certificate Program attendees. To take advantage of this exclusive discount, use this special link.
Getting to Detroit
Detroit is served by Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, located 20 miles from the hotel. Public transportation and taxis are available to take you to the hotel; check the hotel website for estimated rates and information.
- Registration ends when capacity is reached or at deadline.
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC 10 business days prior to the start of the course.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact email@example.com. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
APIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
4-9 registrants: 5% discount per person
10+ registrants: 10% discount per person
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete a registration form for each individual and submit with group form for pricing to email@example.com. Please note: All registrants must be identified at this time and no late additions will be permitted.
- Group invoice will be generated for processing of payment (credit card or check) for registration.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once payment is processed and registrations are complete.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and must be processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
A $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all canceled registrations. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer of registration fees. Please submit cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (202) 789-1899.
Please note: Registration fees may only be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy below for further details.
All substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course.