- APIC Announcements
- News Releases
- Interview/Speaker Request
This four-day course is designed for healthcare professionals providing infection prevention oversight in surgical centers, pain clinics, endoscopy centers, and other ambulatory care practice settings. Learn what you need to know to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements through evidenced-based best practices that reduce risk. Enrollment for each class is limited to ensure quality learning and enhance networking.
Course topics include:
- Risk assessment
- Emerging pathogens
- Multi-drug resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Disinfection and sterilization
- Preparing for CMS surveys
- Construction and renovation
- Essential Elements for an Infection Prevention Program
- Competency Requirements for the Infection Preventionist
2017 Course dates and registration information:
Space is limited for these courses and early registration is suggested.
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).