Typhoon Bopha’s devastation in the Philippines brings home the need for disaster preparedness. Review the list of APIC and CDC resources to ensure that your knowledge is up-to-date.
- Help reduce the risk of secondary disease transmission in shelters with guidance from Infection Prevention and Control for Shelters during Disasters and Infection Prevention Tips for Flood and Hurricane Season (downloadable documents)
- Check out the APIC publications on infection prevention during disasters
- View up to four webinars on emergency and disaster topics (free to members)
- Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) materials, including the Hurricane Sandy Health Alert and the “Returning Home after a Disaster” information
- Review other APIC and external resources on emergency preparedness
Now is the time to repair the damage from Typhoon Bopha and take the precautions necessary for adequate infection prevention. Please make use of the resources above and the other resources available to you in your area.