APIC is here to help with disaster preparedness resources for infection preventionists, first responders, and other healthcare professionals.
- Help reduce the risk of secondary disease transmission in shelters with guidance from Infection Prevention and Control for Shelters during Disasters and other downloadable documents
- Understand proper emergency procedures with the Guide to Infection Prevention in Emergency Medical Services implementation guide
- Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) materials, including Staying Safe in a Tornado and articles related to Health and Safety Concerns for All Disasters
- Review other APIC and external resources on emergency preparedness
- View a webinar on “Infection Prevention in Ambulatory Care Centers during Disasters” (free to members)
- Search for “disaster” articles in the American Journal of Infection Control (AJIC)