Developmental path of the infection preventionist
- Developmental path of the infection preventionist
- Infection preventionist (IP) competency model
- APIC Fellows Program
- Implementation guides
- Practice resources
- Scientific guidelines
- Emergency preparedness
- International Infection Prevention Week
- MegaSurvey 2020
- Practice Guidance Committee Activities
The new, interactive Novice Roadmap is now available in our online learning platform!
APIC’s Novice Roadmap for the Infection Preventionist serves not only as an orientation guide to your first few years in infection prevention, but also your pathway to the Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC®) exam.
The updated, interactive format includes:
- Checklist items: with links to key resources to guide you through sections of each competency area. This is integrated as part of the online Roadmap, but you can also download a PDF checklist if you prefer to track your progress offline.
- Activities: such as videos, matching games and flashcards to help you learn important terms and steps along your way.
- Supervisor Plan: to accompany the online Roadmap. This downloadable template allows your supervisor to track other assignments and tasks associated with the different competency areas, from in-house trainings with IT to meetings with facilities management or sterile processing.
- Certificates of Completion: upon completion of each competency area for you or your supervisor to save in your employee file as proof of your continuing education.
Ready to get started?
The Novice Roadmap for the IP is accessible only to APIC members. If you are an APIC member, please sign up to access it. If you are not currently an APIC member, click here to join now.
- Sign up using your member credentials
- Upon checkout, your shopping cart will show as a $0 balance.*
- Once you receive the confirmation page, select “My Courses” in the top right corner menu to access it in our online learning platform.
- Select “Launch” next to the Novice Roadmap in your Dashboard and carefully read the welcome message, and watch the video tutorial to get started!
Note: The current PDF version of the Novice Roadmap will be available to members until November 15. After that time, you must sign up using the above steps.
*You should not pay for this resource, so if your shopping cart reflects a price, contact APIC staff at eLearning@apic.org before moving forward.