Congratulations to APIC’s newly elected 2015 officers, directors, and new members of the Nominating and Awards Committee:
- President-elect: Susan Dolan, RN, MS, CIC, has been elected president-elect, a position she will hold until January 2016, at which time she will become APIC president. Susan is currently a hospital epidemiologist at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, CO.
- Treasurer: Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, has been elected treasurer. Marc-Oliver is currently the corporate director of quality improvement and infection control at NorthShore University HealthSystem, in Evanston, IL.
- Board of Directors: The following APIC members have been elected to serve on the Board of Directors for terms beginning in January 2015:
- Kim Boynton-Delahanty, RN, BSN, PHN, MBA/HCM, CIC, administrative director, infection prevention/clinical epidemiology and TB control at UC San Diego Health System in San Diego, CA
- Karen K. Hoffmann, RN, MS, CIC, FSHEA, clinical instructor at University of North Carolina, School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
- Ann Marie Pettis, RN, BSN, CIC, director of infection prevention at University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY
- Katherine S. Ward, RN, BSN, MPH, CIC, infection prevention practitioner at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in Charleston, SC
- External director: Joseph A. Bosco III, MD, in the role of external director, vice chairman of clinical affairs at NYU Langone Department of Orthopedic Surgery in New York, NY
- Nominating and Awards Committee: The following APIC members were elected to serve on the 2015 Nominating and Awards Committee:
- Norma A. Atienza, RN, BSN, MPA, CIC, CPHQ, executive director, quality & patient safety at Saint Clare’s Health System in Denville, NJ
- Marcia R. Patrick, MSN, RN, CIC, consultant and educator, infection prevention consultant and educator, infection prevention in Tacoma, WA
Access photos of the 2015 APIC elected officers, directors, and Nominating & Awards Committee members.