- APIC Announcements
- News Releases
- Interview/Speaker Request
To help celebrate International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW), October 14-20, 2012 APIC has chosen six chapters to receive $2,500 IIPW Chapter Grants.
The 2012 IIPW Chapter Grant Program was open to all APIC chapters that were interested in hosting an infection prevention activity for IIPW. Applicants were judged based on the following criteria: creativity and uniqueness of program idea; potential to educate and raise awareness about infection prevention; feasibility of project and budget; and an organized approach to program execution.
APIC congratulates the following chapters for winning IIPW grants:
1. Camino Real, CA
- Educational program incorporating infection prevention classes in students’ practicum within local nursing programs
2. East Central Pennsylvania
- “Infection Prevention within the Family” community event at Hershey Park
3. Corpus Christi, TX
- “Day at the Beach” educational event at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
4. Greater New York, NY
- Community outreach project, educating and promoting infection prevention in local shelters and group homes in New York City
5. Greater Jackson, MS
- “What is Bugging You” hand hygiene campaign targeted toward local elementary school children
6. Washington DC Metropolitan Area, DC
- “Reaching Out to Our Community to Improve Infection Prevention”
APIC IIPW chapter programs/events are open to all who wish to participate. Details about these events and how to participate will be forthcoming. Stay tuned for updates in the APIC E-News and on the IIPW website.