APIC wants to hear from infection preventionists (IPs) like you, working hard to get everyone through this global pandemic.
Share Your Story
IPs—we want to hear YOUR COVID-19 story! APIC is collecting videos and photographs to tell the story of IPs during the time of COVID-19. We are sharing the submissions via multiple channels, including a display on our website. Everyone’s experience being an infection preventionist during the coronavirus pandemic is different, and we want to hear yours! Questions? Email email@example.com.
Collecting these IP stories is the second part of our original #WeLoveOurIPs campaign. Check out how it all started.
Try using these prompts to tell your story or feel free to share anything else that’s on your mind related to your experiences during COVID-19.
Infection Prevention and COVID-19
- I woke up and went to work everyday because: _____
- When I felt tired, exhausted, and frustrated, I went to my _____ for support. Tell us more about why?
- One of the most valuable lessons I have learned during the pandemic that has shaped me to be a better IP is ____.
- When the situation was at its worst, I looked to this to get me through: ______
- What were the words of wisdom you told your teams to get them through the pandemic?
- If you could talk to your pre-COVID self, what would you say?
- Describe your growth as an IP in one word.
- What are you most worried about?
- How have you dealt with the challenges of being an IP during the pandemic?
- Who or what is getting you through this? What keeps you going or gives you hope?
- Who is your role model/hero?
- What do you hope comes out of this?
- Answer the question: “I am an IP because _________.”
- How did your training shape your preparedness and response to the pandemic?
- Did APIC share a role in your preparation for and response to the pandemic? How so?
Future of Infection Prevention
- What would you tell people about the role of an IP in preventing future pandemics?
- What would you tell someone getting started as an IP?
- What have you learned from this experience (COVID-19) that you would tell a new IP?
Watch our short video to get hints on the best practices to use when making a video. (But don’t worry about making it look too perfect – we love IPs just the way they are!) Then go ahead and use the app below. This can be done on either your desktop, tablet, or phone.
To record a video, click on “Record a Video” below. Your device may ask to allow access to your camera and microphone. Make sure you allow.
You should then see the image from your camera. When you are ready to record, press the red record circle. When you are done, click the red stop button.
If you are on a phone, use the phone’s camera to record, rather than upload a video
You can review the video before submitting. If you are not satisfied, simply press record and try again. Once you have a take with which you are satisfied you can press submit (be sure you have filled in your name and email address!).