Non-tuberculous Mycobacterium (NTM) infections and heater-cooler devices
APIC survey finds U.S. healthcare facilities are more prepared to confront Ebola compared to last year
What's new at APIC
2016 APIC Awards—Recognize our profession’s finest by November 30
The nomination deadline has been extended to November 30. Please use this extended deadline to help recognize the commitment and achievements of our profession’s most distinguished and accomplished clinicians worldwide.
New “Do’s and Don’ts” of procedure masks and N95 respirators fliers
APIC has created two new fliers on the “Do’s and Don’ts” for wearing N95 respirators and procedure masks. These resources were developed by APIC’s Communications and Practice Guidance Committees with input from the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare (AOHP), and the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN). Please share these educational fliers with healthcare professionals in your organizations.
APIC 2015 Annual Business Meeting
Please join us for our virtual Annual Business Meeting on Thursday, November 12, 2015 from 4:00-6:00 pm (ET). We’ve moved this meeting to a virtual format to allow more APIC members to participate. Details regarding how to log-in to the virtual meeting or dial-in to participate by phone will be provided to you under separate cover. All APIC members are eligible to participate in the business meeting.
Results of 2016 APIC election
APIC congratulates its newly elected 2016 officers, directors, and members of the Nominating and Awards Committee.
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2015
Cover story: Thinking outside the box: IPs in action
- Sherlockian ability and teamwork uncover the Blue Bell listeria outbreak
- An IP's guide to evaluating research Open access
- IPs: Your message has been heard Open access
- Preventing hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) outside of the ventilator-associated pneumonia bundle Open access
- Infection prevention leadership: Leading with the heart Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—November 2015
- Influenza vaccination of health care personnel: Experiences with the first year of a national data collection effort
- The role of message strategy in improving hand hygiene compliance rates
- Sterile reprocessing of surgical instruments in low- and middle-income countries: A multicenter pilot study
- Alcohol handrubbing and chlorhexidine handwashing are equally effective in removing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from health care workers' hands: A randomized controlled trial
- Are identity badges and lanyards in pediatrics potentially contaminated with viral pathogens?