‘Break the Chain of Infection’ during IIPW
Parents cite lack of need as reason for not getting kids flu shots
What's new at APIC
New “Do’s and Don’ts” of gloves flier
APIC added another flier to it's "Do's and Don'ts" infographic series with its latest: Do's and Don'ts for wearing gloves in healthcare settings. There are many types of gloves used in healthcare settings. APIC has developed this flier to help healthcare providers learn the proper ways and uses for this personal protective equipment. We encourage you to download these free fliers and share them with your healthcare facilities. Download this infographic.
International Infection Prevention Week
This year International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) is October 16–22, and the theme is “Break the Chain of Infection.” APIC wants spread the message about how the public and healthcare professionals can help “Break the Chain of Infection” in healthcare settings and in the community. Learn more!
- Register for the free webinar at 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, October 18, with the CDC featuring Dr. Benjamin Parks with an introduction from APIC President-Elect Linda Greene, RN, MPS, CIC, FAPIC.
APIC Graduate Student Award--Apply by November 30
The APIC Graduate Student Award (AGSA) supports research that advances infection prevention and evidence-based implementation science and provides a total of $5,000 for project costs.
Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist (newly revised)
Developed for APIC members, the newly revised Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist now follows the CBIC 2015 Examination Content Outline. This tool outlines the tasks.......
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2016
Cover story: Break the chain of infection
- What IPs need to know about Candida auris, mcr-1, and Legionella
- Sepsis and antimicrobial stewardship
- A new definition of "contagious"
- Engaging others in infection prevention
American Journal of Infection Control—October 2016
- Reasons for influenza vaccination underutilization: A case-control study
- Point of care hand hygiene—where's the rub? A survey of US and Canadian health care workers' knowledge, attitudes, and practices
- Qualitative validation of the CAUTI Guide to Patient Safety assessment tool
- Relationship between patient safety climate and adherence to standard precautions
- Impact of the flu mask regulation on health care personnel influenza vaccine acceptance rates
- Clostridium difficile-associated disease: A primary clinical evaluation of elderly patients in a geriatric hospital