Study: Lapses in infection control associated with spread of severe respiratory virus MERS
Case study: Nebraska Ebola unit details waste removal
What's new at APIC
Ebola recognition wall
APIC proudly recognizes members who have gone “above and beyond,” volunteering their time and expertise to help control the spread of Ebola in the U.S. and West Africa. Check out our Ebola Recognition Wall.
Wanted: Videos that promote infection prevention best practices
Submit your infection prevention video for APIC 2015 Film Festival for a chance to win a complimentary full conference registration to APIC 2015.
APIC 2015—Registration is now open!
Taking place June 27-29, 2015 in Nashville, TN, the 42nd Annual Conference is where education, product innovations, and the entire infection prevention community all come together on the main stage. Register now and receive discounted advance rates.
Registration open—Infection Prevention Academy (Spring and Fall)
Registration is now open for the 2015 Infection Prevention Academy. The Spring Academy will be held March 16-21 in Seattle, WA and the Fall Academy September 21-26 in Austin, TX. Taught by CIC® certified infection preventionists, these courses provide comprehensive hands-on infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in a variety of settings.
American Journal of Infection Control—December 2014
- Nebraska Biocontainment Unit perspective on disposal of Ebola medical waste
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: Implications for health care facilities
- Environmental sampling for respiratory pathogens in Jeddah airport during the 2013 Hajj season
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in public transportation vehicles (buses): Another piece to the epidemiologic puzzle
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2014
APIC’s ongoing Ebola response
- Ebola prevention in Sierra Leone—an IP’s story
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene in the behavioral health setting: Can it be accomplished?
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Guidelines
- Access the 2014 Winter supplement: AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement