Zika virus: Info on mosquito-borne illnesses
Fewer than 1 in 5 nurses comply with guidelines for standard precautions
What's new at APIC
Updated safe injection practices position paper
APIC updated the position paper: Safe injection, infusion, and medication vial practices in health care (2016), which replaces the previous 2010 paper. This position paper provides guidance on best practices for infection preventionists and other HCP.
APIC announces new 'Fellows' program
APIC today announced the Advanced Designation Program, which will recognize exemplary APIC members with status as a Fellow of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (FAPIC). Fellow of APIC status is a distinction of honor for infection preventionists who are not only advanced practitioners of infection prevention practice, but also leaders within the field.
CLABSI Implementation Guide - download available
Download your complimentary copy of the new CLABSI Implementation Guide. It outlines core practices for prevention efforts, and demonstrates application through tools and resources. Dissemination of this free resource is supported by BD, a long-standing APIC Strategic Partner.
2016 locations for EPI Intensive - Pittsburgh (March) and Dallas (September)
This novice-level course compresses infection prevention fundamentals from the EPI® 101 and 102 classes into a 5-day interactive intensive learning experience. Plan now to join us in Pittsburgh (March) or Dallas (September).
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2015
Cover story: Crosswalks to the literature: Endoscope reprocessing and CHG use
- Endoscope crosswalk: Critical guideline review Open access
- CHG crosswalk: Critical guideline review Open access
- Infection prevention emergencies on Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- Engaging staff in infection prevention education
- Meet a CIC: Ida Lyn E. Benemerito Open access
- Improving processes using your animal nature
American Journal of Infection Control—February 2016
- Screening of nursing home residents for colonization with carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae admitted to acute care hospitals: Incidence and risk factors
- Investigation of a cluster of Clostridium difficile infections in a pediatric oncology setting
- Infection control strategies that successfully controlled an outbreak of Mycobacterium abscessus at a cystic fibrosis center
- Extra length of stay and costs because of health care–associated infections at a German university hospital
- Impact of implementation of the World Health Organization multimodal hand hygiene improvement strategy in a teaching hospital in Taiwan