Save the Date for APIC 2018 Annual Conference
Leadership rounds foster culture that reduces healthcare-associated infections
What's new at APIC
APIC Text Online: New coverage on C. difficile
A subscription to APIC Text Online provides instant access to 123 chapters of regularly updated guidelines, regulations, clinical standards, research, and best practices. In the newly updated Clostridium difficile chapter...
Comply with federal and state regulations
2018 Infection Prevention Academy
October 1-7 in Detroit, MI
This annual event offers expert instruction for the acute, ambulatory, and long-term care practice settings, professional networking with hundreds of attendees, the opportunity to visit an exhibit hall of select industry leaders, and a one-day certification preparatory course. Attend to get the tools you need to shape an effective infection prevention program...
New! Online EPI® Education Series
The EPI 101 and 102 online series provides foundational training for novice practitioners on IPC fundamentals (microbiology 101; cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization; surveillance and regulatory compliance). These online courses provide...
Hear your colleagues share what APIC membership means to them
APIC membership connects you with the benefits, resources, and networks that address your on-the-job challenges and keeps you at the forefront of infection prevention and control. Watch this short video...
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2018
- Infection prevention leadership with Sharon Parrillo (Open access)
- From data to decisions: Measures of validity (Open access)
- The Proficient Practioner Bridge: A new self-assessment in professional development for IPs
- Making the business case: Useful financial analysis tools
- APIC 2018 sneak peek: Conversations with Alicia Cole and Jessica Green (Open access)
- Creating a dream team: How frontline collaboration reduced healthcare-associated infections (Open access)
American Journal of Infection Control—March 2018
- Correlation between hospital-level antibiotic consumption and incident healthcare facility-onset Clostridium difficile infection
- Improving knowledge and compliance with infection control Standard Precautions among undergraduate nursing students in Jordan
- Leadership rounds to reduce healthcare–associated infections
- How do professional relationships influence surgical antibiotic prophylaxis decision making? A qualitative study
- The epidemiology of nonventilator hospital-acquired pneumonia in the United States