APIC underscores the top ways to protect patients during IIPW
New IP recruitment video: Infection Preventionists Save Lives
What's new at APIC
Hurricane and flooding resources
Access flood and hurricane infection prevention information
International Infection Prevention Week 2018
International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) is finally here! Are you ready to celebrate all the hard work you have put in this year?The 2018 IIPW theme is Protecting Patients Everywhere, and APIC has planned activities to celebrate this important public awareness initiative. Follow APIC on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date content.
APIC and SHEA CEOs pen Op-Eds aimed at C-suite
APIC CEO Katrina Crist, MBA, CAE, and SHEA CEO Eve Humphreys, MBA, CAE, jointly authored a series of Op-Eds to raise awareness of the need for institutional support from hospital leadership for infection prevention and control and antimicrobial stewardship programs.
South Carolina infection control professional to be honored for distinguished service
Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC, corporate director, Infection Prevention Department, Greenville Health System, will receive the 2018 President’s Distinguished Service Award from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). The award, which will be presented at APIC’s 45th Annual Conference, June 13-15, in Minneapolis, Minnesota is given to an individual who has made major contributions to the profession of infection prevention and control (IPC) through service within APIC.
American Journal of Infection Control—August 2018
- Infection prevention staffing and resources in U.S. acute care hospitals: Results from the APIC MegaSurvey
- Hand hygiene compliance rates: Fact or fiction?
- Factors affecting annual compensation and professional development support for infection preventionists: Implications for recruitment and retention
- Speaking up about hand hygiene failures: A vignette survey study among healthcare professionals
- Environmental considerations in the selection of isolation gowns: A life cycle assessment of reusable and disposable alternatives
- Ultrasound probe use and reprocessing: Results from a national survey among U.S. infection preventionists