Failures in stethoscope hygiene can lead to patient infections
Read the APIC 2017 Press Releases and Newspapers
What's new at APIC
Ready-made social media posts for you to share
Are you looking for a way to contribute to the #infectionprevention conversation on social media? Do you need relevant posts to share with your followers? Are you looking for fresh content for your newsfeeds to raise your infection prevention profile? APIC has created a new webpage to house the social media posts and resources you need! All you have to do is copy, paste, and post!
International Infection Prevention Week 2017International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) will be here before you know it! APIC is busy creating resources and materials to help you celebrate IIPW this year! In the meantime, here is the current information we have available. Please check back periodically or follow APIC on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date content.When is IIPW? October 15-21, 2017What is the theme? Antibiotic ResistanceWill there be an updated toolkit? Yes! It will be available at the end of August. Look for updates in eNews!
APIC honors Florida infection prevention expert with its highest award
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announced that Stephen Streed, MS, CIC, FAPIC, system director of epidemiology/infection prevention at Lee Health in Fort Myers, Florida, will receive the prestigious Carole DeMille Achievement Award for his innovative contributions and commitment to education in infection control.
APIC honors its 2017 Heroes of Infection Prevention
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announced seven recipients of the Heroes of Infection Prevention Award, which honors infection preventionists who have successfully helped to reduce infection, raise awareness, and improve the health and well-being of patients, healthcare workers, and the public.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2017
Infection preventionists front and center
- How clean is your scope? (Open access)
- When duty calls – a partnership between fire and rescue and infection preventionists
- An infection preventionist’s role in sepsis care
- Moving from wishing to success: Pointers for a successful abstract submission (Open access)
- Identify the pathogen!
- APIC 2017 award recipients (Open access)
- A reflection on CIC certification (Open access)
American Journal of Infection Control—June 2017
- APIC MegaSurvey: Methodology and overview
- Understanding the current state of infection preventionists through competency, role, and activity self-assessment
- Infection prevention outside of the acute care setting: Results from the MegaSurvey of infection preventionists
- Infection prevention workforce: Potential benefits to educational diversity
- Assessment of the accuracy and consistency in the application of standardized surveillance definitions: A summary of the American Journal of Infection Control and National Healthcare Safety Network case studies, 2010-2016