Read the APIC 2017 Press Releases
A quarter of nursing home residents are colonized with drug-resistant bacteria
What's new at APIC
APIC honors Florida infection prevention expert with its highest award
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announced that Stephen Streed, MS, CIC, FAPIC, system director of epidemiology/infection prevention at Lee Health in Fort Myers, Florida, will receive the prestigious Carole DeMille Achievement Award for his innovative contributions and commitment to education in infection control.
APIC honors its 2017 Heroes of Infection Prevention
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) announced seven recipients of the Heroes of Infection Prevention Award, which honors infection preventionists who have successfully helped to reduce infection, raise awareness, and improve the health and well-being of patients, healthcare workers, and the public.
Idaho hospital executive receives APIC’s Healthcare Administrator Award
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has named Jodi Vanderpool, MBA, LNHA, CPPS, HACP, system vice president of quality operations at St. Luke’s Health System in Boise, Idaho, as recipient of the Healthcare Administrator Award.
Columbia University nursing professor, health policy expert, receives APIC’s Distinguished Scientist Award
Patricia Stone, PhD, RN, FAAN, Centennial Professor in health policy and director of the Center for Health Policy at Columbia University School of Nursing, will receive the Distinguished Scientist Award from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC).
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2017
Infection preventionists front and center
- How clean is your scope? (Open access)
- When duty calls – a partnership between fire and rescue and infection preventionists
- An infection preventionist’s role in sepsis care
- Moving from wishing to success: Pointers for a successful abstract submission (Open access)
- Identify the pathogen!
- APIC 2017 award recipients (Open access)
- A reflection on CIC certification (Open access)
American Journal of Infection Control—June 2017
- APIC MegaSurvey: Methodology and overview
- Understanding the current state of infection preventionists through competency, role, and activity self-assessment
- Infection prevention outside of the acute care setting: Results from the MegaSurvey of infection preventionists
- Infection prevention workforce: Potential benefits to educational diversity
- Assessment of the accuracy and consistency in the application of standardized surveillance definitions: A summary of the American Journal of Infection Control and National Healthcare Safety Network case studies, 2010-2016