What’s New at APIC
APIC has launched its Certification: The Defining Difference campaign. This state-based legislative effort encourages new infection preventionists (IPs) to become certified in infection control. APIC showed a new video at #APIC2019 explaining the importance behind certification. Learn more.
Relive the excitement from APIC’s 46th Annual Conference—or see what you missed (and plan to join us next year)! We’ve put together a highlight video that captures some of the great moments from Philadelphia. Watch it now and then pre-register for APIC 2020. For those who didn’t attend, conference proceedings can be purchased here!
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2019
American Journal of Infection Control—September 2019
- Attributable mortality from extensively drug-resistant gram-negative infections using propensity-matched tracer antibiotic algorithms
- Preliminary analysis of the antimicrobial activity of a postoperative wound dressing containing chlorhexidine gluconate against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an in vivo porcine incisional wound model
- Antipseudomonal monotherapy or combination therapy for older adults with community-onset pneumonia and multidrug-resistant risk factors: a retrospective cohort study
- Multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and mortality in mechanically ventilated ICU patients
- Implementation of strategies to liberate patients from mechanical ventilation in a tertiary-level medical center