Nursing homes can prevent infections through performance improvement collaboratives
APIC launches Program of Distinction, bestows first designation
What's new at APIC
APIC 2018--A must-attend event
The 45th Annual Conference takes place June 13-15 in Minneapolis. This is the one time of year where thousands of healthcare professionals from around the world gather to advance their network and learn about evidence-based advances in infection prevention. Here is your chance to...
Forms & Checklists for Infection Prevention, Volume 2 now available!
Your new go-to resource for patient care policies, department policies, occupational health, construction and renovation, and long-term care key IPC reporting activities.
AJIC: Call for articles
The Editorial Office of the American Journal of Infection Control (AJIC) invites APIC members to submit manuscripts for consideration in this journal. New authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts and can be provided a mentor from the editorial board to assist with the process.
Make Industry Perspectives part of your rounding routine!
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2017
- CDC’s new SSI guideline: What the IP needs to know (Open access)
- The APIC® Program of Distinction (Open access)
- Educating student nurses on the importance of PPE
- International Infection Prevention Week (Open access)
- My Bugaboo: Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Infection control assessment and response
American Journal of Infection Control—December 2017
- A national collaborative approach to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infections in nursing homes: A qualitative assessment
- Hand hygiene: Attitudes and practices of nurses, a comparison between 2007 and 2015
- Cost-benefit analysis of different air change rates in an operating room environment
- Wearing long sleeves while prepping a patient in the operating room decreases airborne contaminants
- Barriers and facilitators to Clostridium difficile infection prevention: A nursing perspective