Infection prevention and control programs are essential to antibiotic stewardship efforts
Hand hygiene can lower mortality, antibiotic prescription rates in nursing homes
What's new at APIC
APIC announces recipient of Graduate Student Award for infection prevention
Updated guide to clinically important bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses
The newly updated Ready Reference for Microbes, 4th edition is now available. This handy spiral-bound reference describes clinically important bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses, and...
New! Online EPI® Education Series
The EPI 101 and 102 online series provides foundational training for novice practitioners on IPC fundamentals (microbiology 101; cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization; surveillance and regulatory compliance). These online courses provide...
Next stops for EPI® and ASC Intensives
The EPI® and ASC Intensive programs teach you what you need to know about infection prevention for your practice setting. Class size is limited to encourage interactive learning, group discussions...
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2018
- Infection prevention leadership with Sharon Parrillo (Open access)
- From data to decisions: Measures of validity (Open access)
- The Proficient Practioner Bridge: A new self-assessment in professional development for IPs
- Making the business case: Useful financial analysis tools
- APIC 2018 sneak peek: Conversations with Alicia Cole and Jessica Green (Open access)
- Creating a dream team: How frontline collaboration reduced healthcare-associated infections (Open access)
American Journal of Infection Control—March 2018
- Correlation between hospital-level antibiotic consumption and incident healthcare facility-onset Clostridium difficile infection
- Improving knowledge and compliance with infection control Standard Precautions among undergraduate nursing students in Jordan
- Leadership rounds to reduce healthcare–associated infections
- How do professional relationships influence surgical antibiotic prophylaxis decision making? A qualitative study
- The epidemiology of nonventilator hospital-acquired pneumonia in the United States