Save the Date for APIC 2018 Annual Conference
Leadership rounds foster culture that reduces healthcare-associated infections
What's new at APIC
Joint statement on ear and hair covering
In February 2018, APIC President, Janet Haas, APIC Immediate Past President, Linda Greene, and APIC CEO, Katrina Crist, participated in a collaborative meeting involving seven national organizations representing surgery, nursing, anesthesia, infection prevention, and patient safety. The purpose of the meeting was to better understand the basis for hair and ear covering recommendations in nationally accepted guidelines, particularly the CDC Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) and Association for peri-Operative Registered Nurses (AORN) guidelines.
Hear your colleagues share what APIC membership means to them
APIC membership connects you with the benefits, resources, and networks that address your on-the-job challenges and keeps you at the forefront of infection prevention and control. Watch this short video...
Research webinar series (member-only benefit)
Promoting and facilitating the development of scientific research to prevent infection is one of the five goals in APIC’s Strategic Plan 2020. To support this objective, APIC has organized the Research Education Series exclusively for APIC members. Tthe five-part on-demand webinar series...
APIC Text Online: New coverage on C. difficile
A subscription to APIC Text Online provides instant access to 123 chapters of regularly updated guidelines, regulations, clinical standards, research, and best practices. In the newly updated Clostridium difficile chapter...
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2018
- Infection prevention leadership with Sharon Parrillo (Open access)
- From data to decisions: Measures of validity (Open access)
- The Proficient Practioner Bridge: A new self-assessment in professional development for IPs
- Making the business case: Useful financial analysis tools
- APIC 2018 sneak peek: Conversations with Alicia Cole and Jessica Green (Open access)
- Creating a dream team: How frontline collaboration reduced healthcare-associated infections (Open access)
American Journal of Infection Control—March 2018
- Correlation between hospital-level antibiotic consumption and incident healthcare facility-onset Clostridium difficile infection
- Improving knowledge and compliance with infection control Standard Precautions among undergraduate nursing students in Jordan
- Leadership rounds to reduce healthcare–associated infections
- How do professional relationships influence surgical antibiotic prophylaxis decision making? A qualitative study
- The epidemiology of nonventilator hospital-acquired pneumonia in the United States