Patients with HAIs suffer social, emotional pain
New IP recruitment video: Infection Preventionists Save Lives
What's new at APIC
APIC and SHEA CEOs pen Op-Eds aimed at C-suite
APIC CEO Katrina Crist, MBA, CAE, and SHEA CEO Eve Humphreys, MBA, CAE, jointly authored a series of Op-Eds to raise awareness of the need for institutional support from hospital leadership for infection prevention and control and antimicrobial stewardship programs.
South Carolina infection control professional to be honored for distinguished service
Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC, corporate director, Infection Prevention Department, Greenville Health System, will receive the 2018 President’s Distinguished Service Award from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). The award, which will be presented at APIC’s 45th Annual Conference, June 13-15, in Minneapolis, Minnesota is given to an individual who has made major contributions to the profession of infection prevention and control (IPC) through service within APIC.
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare Vice President receives APIC’s Healthcare Administrator Award
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has named Cindy Barnard, PhD, MBA, MSJS, vice president of quality for Northwestern Memorial HealthCare in Chicago, Illinois, the recipient of the Healthcare Administrator Award. The award, which will be presented at APIC’s 45th Annual Conference, June 13-15, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, recognizes the pivotal role that healthcare leaders play in establishing an organizational culture that enables and supports infection prevention and control (IPC) efforts.
Thomas Jefferson University nursing professor receives APIC’s Distinguished Scientist Award
Mary Lou Manning, PhD, CRNP, CIC, FAAN, FSHEA, FAPIC, Professor at the Thomas Jefferson University College of Nursing in Philadelphia, will receive the Distinguished Scientist Award from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). Given to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the science of infection prevention and control (IPC) as determined by the APIC Research Committee, the award will be presented at APIC’s 45th Annual Conference, June 13-15, in Minneapolis.
American Journal of Infection Control—August 2018
- Infection prevention staffing and resources in U.S. acute care hospitals: Results from the APIC MegaSurvey
- Hand hygiene compliance rates: Fact or fiction?
- Factors affecting annual compensation and professional development support for infection preventionists: Implications for recruitment and retention
- Speaking up about hand hygiene failures: A vignette survey study among healthcare professionals
- Environmental considerations in the selection of isolation gowns: A life cycle assessment of reusable and disposable alternatives
- Ultrasound probe use and reprocessing: Results from a national survey among U.S. infection preventionists