- What is certification?
Actual current practice in the field of infection prevention and control is required for initial certification. There is no minimum time requirement to be eligible to take the certification exam; however, it is written for a person who has actively practiced in the field for two years.
Please visit the CBIC website at www.cbic.org to view the details outlined in the candidate handbook. You may also contact CBIC directly at 913-541-0400 x4477. APIC also provides resources on our CIC Certification page to guide Infection Preventionists and other Healthcare professionals in the right direction.
- Where can I find information for the APIC Annual Conference?
Please visit the APIC Annual Conference website. There you will find all the information for upcoming dates, deadlines, registration, housing, exhibitors, and much more. For additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
- I'm having difficulties registering for a course or event online. What can I do?
Some members may experience problems when attempting to register for our online courses or in-person events using older web browsers. If you experience any issues, please return to the course page and download the available registration form. For additional assistance, complete the Contact Us form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I view webinars?
- Visit the webinars page.
- You access the library of live and on-demand webinars.
- Click the “More info & register” button once you find the webinar you would like to attend.
- Near the bottom of the page, please select either ‘Live Webinar’ or ‘On Demand Recording’ for your choice webinar format.
- Click “Add to Cart” button. (Webinars are free for members only.)
- Reconfirm your login information.
- Confirm Registrant information. Please note: ALL fields are required to be filled in or you will receive an error message that your member Id is invalid.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Upon checkout, you will be taken to confirmation page with instructions to access the webinar, as well as your unique login link and password.
- Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and a code to complete the evaluation and obtain your certificate.
Shortly after you check out, you will also receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the webinar.
- How do I access my online education courses (Online Learning)?
To access an online course, please use the following steps:
Log in to APIC.org using the green “Sign in” button at the top of every webpage.
Once you have successfully logged in, select the green dropdown arrow next to "Sign Out" and select "Return to Courses".
Upon reaching your personalized Training Menu, select "Launch" under the course you would like to begin.
At the completion of the course, you will have access to a course survey to complete so you can obtain a certificate with CEUs listed.
- How do I obtain my certificate and CEUs for an educational program?
Online courses (e.g. Microbiology 101, Basics of Infection Prevention)
Your evaluation information will be provided within the platform when the course status bar is full. Return to the course launch page and select "Course Survey". Once you have completed the evaluation, the button will change to "Print Certificate".
Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and unique code to the evaluation. Upon completion, a certificate will be available for download.
EPI Intensives, Infection Prevention Academy, and Virtual Learning Labs
Module and overall course evaluations will be available through a link provided in your course materials. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.
To access course evaluations, click here.
Per APIC's evaluation policy, all course-related evaluations must be completed within 30 days of course completion.
- Username: APIC Member ID #
- Password: apic (all lowercase)