The Emerging Leader in IP Award recognizes new Infection Preventionists who have demonstrated a commitment to the field and their professional growth. The Award supports the Emerging Leader who is interested in developing their leadership skills to advance Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) both locally and nationally.
Now accepting 2021 applications!
Submission period: 9/1/20-10/31/20
Questions? Contact us
The Emerging Leader in IP Award is presented at a plenary during APIC’s Annual Conference.
The recipient receives a commemorative plaque, complimentary registration and a travel stipend (up to $1,500) to APIC’s annual conference, a leadership mentor for one year (NAC member or Past APIC President), and participation in Committee Meeting Day at APIC Annual Conference (including presentations to the APIC Board of Directors). The recipient also receives a one-year assignment to a standing APIC committee (non-voting position). (Assignment based on recipient’s interests and committee availability.)
To qualify for the Emerging Leader in IP Award, individuals must be:
- new to IP (no more than 3 years of experience)
- a current APIC member
- current chapter member
- certified in infection prevention and control
Individuals can self-nominate. Administrative leader/Supervisor must approve via nomination or reference letter.
All IPs are welcome to apply, regardless of practice setting.
- Demonstrates commitment to IPC through projects and competencies (certification)
- Actively seeks and accepts opportunities to increase responsibilities and learn new skills
- Collaborates across and within teams to advance patient safety
- Recognized by administrative leader/supervisor as productive and reliable member of the team
- Online application
- Nomination letter
- Overview of how candidate meets award criteria
- Two letters of reference
- Highlight the individual’s commitment and contribution to IPC
One of the letters must come from the individual’s supervisor.
This is a new award for the 2021 season.