President’s Distinguished Service Award
President’s Distinguished Service Award, in honor of Pat Lynch
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an APIC volunteer in service to the profession through their work for the Association. The award honors the work of Patricia Lynch, RN, MBA, CIC and her extraordinary volunteerism as one of APIC’s pioneering members and its 1st National President.
The President’s Distinguished Service Award honors an individual whose service within APIC has been judged by peers as exceptional and who has made major contributions to the profession. The contributions made by this individual have made APIC a better organization and elevated the appreciation of the value of the infection preventionist within the healthcare profession.
Recipients of this award will be selected based on the impact their volunteerism has had on furthering the goals of APIC and the ability of the individual to inspire commitment from others. The recipient is recognized as a volunteer who goes above and beyond the call of duty to help whenever they are needed. Nominees will be evaluated utilizing the following characteristics: Leadership, Professional Stewardship, and Research.
Presentation and Award
The President’s Distinguished Service Award is presented during the Opening Plenary at APIC’s Annual Conference. The recipient receives a commemorative plaque, and complimentary registration and travel stipend (up to $1000) to APIC’s Annual Conference.
- Must be a current APIC member in good standing for the five years preceding nomination.
- Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC®).
- Evidence of service to APIC on multiple levels as evidenced by local and national participation as an author (in peer-reviewed publications), speaker, committee participation, Board participation, political activism, etc. within the past 15 years. (Local participation does not include chapter activities.)
- Online application
- Nominee’s current CV
- Nomination letter
- Three letters of reference
- References will provide examples of how the work of the nominee has made an impact on the profession or on a personal level through mentoring. Nominees are evaluated based on the following characteristics: Leadership, Professional Stewardship, and Research.
APIC is proud to highlight the achievements of the President’s Distinguished Service Award recipients:
|2019||Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC|
|2018||Connie Steed, RN, CIC, MSN, FAPIC|
|2017||Linda Dickey, RN, MPH, CIC|
|2015||Susan Barnes, RN, CIC|
|2014||Susan Sebazco, RN, MBA, CIC|
|2012||Susan Dolan, RN, MS, CIC|
|2010||Barbara Russell, MPH, RN, CIC|
|2009||Barbara Soule, RN, MPA, CIC, FSHEA|