- Industry Perspectives
- APIC Text Online
- Career Center
- Infection Prevention and You
- APIC Consulting Services, Inc.
- APIC Program of Distinction
- Cost calculators
- Topic-specific infection prevention
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI)
- Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI)
- Clostridium Difficile
- Disinfection and Sterilization
- Ebola Infection Prevention and Control Resources
- Environmental Services
- Environment of Care
- Hand Hygiene
- Long-Term Care
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Quick Observation Tools
- Do I need to be an APIC member to purchase a product?
- Do I need to be logged in to receive member pricing?
- What methods of payment does APIC accept?
- How do I order if I am paying with a check?
- Does APIC accept purchase orders?
- Is my online transaction secure?
- I have a gift certificate or coupon for APIC resources. How do I redeem it?
- How do I rush ship my order?
- Does APIC ship to P.O. boxes and APO addresses?
- What is certification?
- When should I expect to receive my order?
- Where can I find information for the APIC Annual Conference?
- Why do I need to login to APIC.org?
- My order arrived damaged. What now?
- How do I use MyAPIC
- How do I get a receipt for a purchase?
- I’m having difficulties registering for a course or event online. What can I do?
- If I have a question about my order, who should I contact?
- How do I obtain my certificate and CEUs for an educational program?
- What publications can I access online?
- What are Implementation guides?
- How can I purchase a mailing list?
- How do I get on MyAPIC?
- How do I get a quote for an institutional subscription to the APIC Text Online?
- I’m a chapter leader. How do I access my chapter rosters?
- What is a “promo code”?
- How can I receive E-News?
- How do I view webinars?
- I am not an APIC member. Can I still view content on MyAPIC?
- Can I transfer my membership?
- How can I order APIC logo merchandise?
- Will APIC answer my clinical or practice-related question?
- How do I access my online education courses (Online Learning)?
- Where can I find the Infection Prevention Program Evaluation Tool?
- What is MyAPIC?
- How can I get my APIC member card?
- Can I return a product?
- Will APIC review/endorse my product? If I provide APIC with documented research surrounding my product, will they market it to their membership?
- How do I use the online publication viewer?
Do I need to be an APIC member to purchase a product?
No. But you will need to create an account with us to place your order. At the beginning of the checkout process, you will be directed to create your account.
Do I need to be logged in to receive member pricing?
Yes, you will be prompted to log in when you start the checkout process.
What methods of payment does APIC accept?
APIC accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and checks. Sorry, we do not accept Discover cards.
How do I order if I am paying with a check?
Does APIC accept purchase orders?
No. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your institution requires you to use a purchase order. We will work with you to help you get the APIC tools and resources you need.
Is my online transaction secure?
Yes, payments are processed through Paypal, an established online payment processing vendor. APIC is a PCI compliant organization.
I have a gift certificate or coupon for APIC resources. How do I redeem it?
Visit our online store and add the resources you would like to purchase to your cart. At Step 3 in the checkout process, you will see a box below your order total that says “Do you have a promo code?” Enter the code from your gift certificate or coupon and click “Apply.” Your order total will be updated to reflect the discount. If you have problems, contact email@example.com.
How do I rush ship my order?
If you need expedited shipping, please contact the APIC Distribution Center for a quote at 240-646-7032 firstname.lastname@example.org. Expedited orders may incur a $20 rush fee in addition to rush shipping costs.
Does APIC ship to P.O. boxes and APO addresses?
A physical address is required for all orders. UPS does not ship to P.O. boxes or APO addresses. Please contact our distribution center at 240-646-7032 or email@example.com if you must ship to a P.O. Box or APO.
What is certification?
Actual current practice in the field of infection prevention and control is required for initial certification. There is no minimum time requirement to be eligible to take the certification exam; however, it is written for a person who has actively practiced in the field for two years.
Please visit the CBIC website at www.cbic.org to view the details outlined in the candidate handbook. You may also contact CBIC directly at 913-541-0400 x4477. APIC also provides resources on our CIC Certification page to guide Infection Preventionists and other Healthcare professionals in the right direction.
When should I expect to receive my order?
Please allow 7-14 business days for delivery.
Where can I find information for the APIC Annual Conference?
Please visit the APIC Annual Conference website. There you will find all the information for upcoming dates, deadlines, registration, housing, exhibitors, and much more. For additional assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do I need to login to APIC.org?
Logging into APIC.org, you will be able to gain access to essentials tools, resources, and discounts that are only available to members through the website.
Sign-in is required. Once logged in, look for the green arrow to access Quick Links. This area you will find View My Account, Visit MyAPIC, IP Talk, Visit the store, and Return to Courses (If you have purchased any online learning courses).
Your username is your email address on your member record (lowercase only) and your password is the first letter of your last name capitalized and your member ID number.
Password: D12345 (case sensitive)
You may reset your password by going to “Sign-in,” “forgot my password.” For further assistance, contact email@example.com.
My order arrived damaged. What now?
How do I use MyAPIC
How do I get a receipt for a purchase?
I’m having difficulties registering for a course or event online. What can I do?
Some members may experience problems when attempting to register for our online courses or in-person events using older web browsers. If you experience any issues, please return to the course page and download the available registration form. For additional assistance, complete the Contact Us form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I have a question about my order, who should I contact?
Please contact the APIC Distribution Center at 240-646-7032 or email@example.com.
How do I obtain my certificate and CEUs for an educational program?
Online courses and Virtual Learning Labs (e.g. Microbiology 101, Basics of Infection Prevention)
Your evaluation information will be provided within the platform at the end of each course. Upon completion of the evaluation, your course will be moved to your completed courses. Visit My Transcripts, followed by the Grades tab to download a PDF of your certificate. You must download the PDF first before printing. If using Adobe Acrobat, make sure your print settings are set to Documents and Mark-Ups under the Comments and Formatting section of the Print window.
Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and unique code to the evaluation. Upon completion, a certificate will be available for download.
EPI Intensives and Infection Prevention Academy
Module and overall course evaluations will be available through a link provided in your course materials. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.
To access course evaluations, click here.
- Username: APIC Member ID #
- Password: apic (all lowercase)
What publications can I access online?
By using their APIC login, all APIC members have free, unlimited access to issues of Prevention Strategist and the American Journal of Infection Control. Members may also access archived versions of past publications such as Infection Connection: Focusing on Long-Term Care and Preventing Infection in Ambulatory Care. International members have online-only access to AJIC and Prevention Strategist.
What are Implementation guides?
APIC Implementation Guides provide practical, evidence-based strategies for surveillance and the elimination of infection. These guides translate official and research-based guidance into specific actions that are useful to the practicing infection preventionist. Each guide includes online tools and resources.
Visit the Professional Practice section to view APIC’s online directory of implementation guides.
How can I purchase a mailing list?
APIC does not rent its member list. However, there are a number of opportunities to advertise with APIC. If you are interested in pursuing other promotional and adverting opportunities or to learn about additional marketing strategies with APIC, please contact Yolanda Tillery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get on MyAPIC?
Visit www.apic.org/MyAPIC. Login with your APIC username and password
Trouble logging in?
How do I get a quote for an institutional subscription to the APIC Text Online?
To receive a quote, please complete the assessment. Once completed, APIC will provide you with a quote within 2 business days.
I’m a chapter leader. How do I access my chapter rosters?
To access the chapter reports, login to APIC.org and select the “Leadership” tab from your My Account page. There you’ll find a link to instructions on how to run your chapter reports. Questions? Please contact Crystal Moohn at email@example.com.
What is a “promo code”?
Promos codes can be applied to certain transactions to receive discounts on things such as event registration fees or resources in our online store. You’ll find promo codes on APIC-issued gift certificates, coupons, or postcards, or as part of promotions within E-News, our website, or other publications. Check the instructions included with the code to find out how it can be redeemed. Please note: promo codes are no longer valid after their expiration dates.
How can I receive E-News?
How do I view webinars?
- Visit the webinars page.
- You access the library of live and on-demand webinars.
- Click the “More info & register” button once you find the webinar you would like to attend.
- Near the bottom of the page, you will be given several options depending the webinar you have selected.
- If registering for an upcoming live webinar, please select either ‘Live Webinar’ or ‘On Demand Recording’ for your choice webinar format.
- If you are registering for an archived webinar, select “Add to Cart”. (The other option “Already ordered this Archive? Log in Now” should only be selected if you have already registered and received a confirmation email.)
- Click “Add to Cart” button. (Webinars are free for members only.)
- Reconfirm your login information.
- Confirm Registrant information. Please note: ALL fields are required to be filled in or you will receive an error message that your member Id is invalid.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Upon checkout, you will be taken to confirmation page with instructions to access the webinar, as well as your unique login link and password.
- Once you have finished viewing the webinar, you will be provided a link and a code to complete the evaluation and obtain your certificate.
Shortly after you check out, you will also receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the webinar.
I am not an APIC member. Can I still view content on MyAPIC?
MyAPIC is a members-only benefit. Have you logged in? You must log in to see members-only content. You will know that you are logged in when you see your name in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. If you are logged in and still cannot access a link, please contact our member services team firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 1-800-650-9570, option 1.
Can I transfer my membership?
APIC is an individual membership association. A company may sponsor or pay for their employees to become members; however, that membership remains with the individual member, not the facility. There are a few exceptions. Each case is determined on an individual basis. For more information, contact the APIC Member Services team at email@example.com.
How can I order APIC logo merchandise?
Will APIC answer my clinical or practice-related question?
APIC provides clinical and/or practice guidance to APIC members on a case-by-case basis. This is a members-only benefit. Non- members should visit their state health agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or other governmental agency for guidance on clinical and/or practice related inquiries. Learn more on how to become a member of APIC.
How do I access my online education courses (Online Learning)?
To access an online course, please use the following steps:
Step 1: Log in to APIC.org using the green “Sign in” button at the top of every webpage.
Step 2: Once you have successfully logged in, click on My Courses near your name at the top of the page.
Step 3: Upon reaching your personalized Dashboard, select “Launch” next to the course you would like to begin.
Step 4: At the completion of the course, visit My Transcripts, followed by Grades, to obtain a copy of your certificate. A link to the certificate can be found under each completed course.
For more assistance on our online learning courses, visit our APIC Education Online FAQ page.
Where can I find the Infection Prevention Program Evaluation Tool?
The Infection Prevention Program Evaluation Tool is under review and is no longer available. At this time, there is not a projected re-release date.
What is MyAPIC?
MyAPIC is APIC’s online community for infection preventionists. MyAPIC touts features such as:
- Customizable member profiles
- Member Directory where you can find and conenct with colleagues with similar interests and backgrounds
- Easy-to-Read forum discussions delivered to your email
- Ability to respond to forum discussions right from your inbox!
- Searchable document libraries for shiring useful resources within community groups.
- A secure, members-only environment
How can I get my APIC member card?
Can I return a product?
Will APIC review/endorse my product? If I provide APIC with documented research surrounding my product, will they market it to their membership?
APIC does not endorse any commercial product or service. Additionally, we do not market products to our membership outside of standard advertising opportunities. For information on advertising, please contact Yolanda Tillery firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on sponsorship, please contact Jennifer Kerhin email@example.com. For information on exhibiting at the APIC Annual Conference, please contact Colleen Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I use the online publication viewer?
Please click here for instructions and troubleshooting information related to the online publication viewer.