Education & Certification
Come to one of our EPI® Intensives!
This novice level course compresses infection prevention fundamentals from the EPI® 101 and 102 classes into a 5-day interactive intensive learning experience. Our board certified (CIC®) subject matter experts update course content throughout the year, so you’ll learn the newest terminology and current definitions and hear about the regulatory issues of importance today and in the future.
- Practical and complex issues taught in everyday language.
- The knowledge base and best practices required to create and implement an effective and compliant infection prevention program.
- Discussions with the board certified (CIC®) instructors and dialogues with your colleagues through classroom lectures, small group breakouts, and individual networking opportunities.
- Small class sizes that ensure quality instruction.
This course also introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist. Areas of emphasis include how to prepare surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, preventing transmission of infectious diseases, how to handle employee exposures and evidence-based interventions to prevent or reduce risk.
These programs are reviewed and approved for Continuing Nursing Education Credits (CNEs), a recognized method of quantifying participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction. One contact hour is defined as one hour of time spent in an educational experience. CNEs can only be achieved through completion of all related course evaluations provided to the attendee.
Upcoming EPI Intensives
- Click here for St.Louis/Chesterfield, MO (October 24-28, 2016) *SOLD OUT*
- Click here for Anchorage, AK (October 24-28, 2016)
Registration: Download the course flyer here, and printable registration page here. Fill out the course location, and the course dates. Please refer to the provided information below for course specifics, such as early registration deadlines.
2017 EPI Intensive Schedule coming October 2016. Please check back for further information.
Past EPI Intensives
- Jackson, MS (February 8-12, 2016)
- Pittsburgh, PA (March 14-18, 2016)
- Baltimore, MD (May 2-6, 2016)
- Sioux Falls, SD (July 25-29, 2016)
- Burlington, VT (August 15-19, 2016)
- Dallas, TX (September 19-23, 2016)