Education & Certification
Come to one of our EPI® Intensives!
This novice level course, designed for infection preventionists with 1-3 years of experience, provides intensive fundamental infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in different practice settings. Over the course of four days, you will learn how to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients and comply with accrediting and regulatory requirements through evidenced-based best practices that reduce risk.
The course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist. Areas of emphasis include how to prepare surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, and preventing transmission of infectious diseases. Experienced faculty deliver lectures of complex concepts taught in everyday language, facilitate smaller group activities, and lead question/answer sessions along with the sharing of experiences at the individual level. Download the course flyer here.
Enrollment is limited for each class to ensure quality learning and enhance networking.
Upon completion of the full course, attendees will be able to:
- Define the role of the IP in meeting standards or requirements.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of microbiology.
- Describe the role of surveillance in the Infection Prevention and Control Program.
- Describe practical applications of recommended practices that can be utilized by the IP in their surveillance program.
- Develop an infection prevention plan from risk assessment results.
Click the location link below for additional information including hotel and registration deadlines for courses currently open for registration.
- Albuquerque, NM (February 6-9, 2017)
- Des Moines, IA (March 6-9, 2017)
- New Orleans, LA (March 20-23, 2017)
- Southern/Central, CA (April 3-6, 2017)
- Richmond, VA (April 24-27, 2017)
- Indianapolis, IN (May 15-18, 2017)
- Albany, NY (July 17-20, 2017)
- Milwaukee, WI (August 14-17, 2017)
- Honolulu, HI (September 11-14)
- Raleigh, NC (November 6-9, 2017)
General Registration Information:
Registration fee includes attendance, course materials and continental breakfast only. It does not include travel expenses (airfare, hotel accommodations and lunch). Course fees are shown below.
- Registration ends at deadline, or when capacity is reached
- Registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
- Once payment is received, an email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours to the email address on file. Please ensure email is received prior to making travel arrangements. If you do not receive an email confirmation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For attendees arriving on site and payment has not been received a credit card must be provided for payment. Admittance will not be granted until payment is made.
- Please visit the Intensive location you wish to attend for registration deadlines.
|Early Member||Early Mon-Member||Regular Member
*If you register at the nonmember rate, you'll receive a complimentary 1-year APIC membership.
If paying by check, plesae mail payment along with registration form on or before registration deadline to:
ATT: EPI Intensive
P.O. Box 79502
Baltimore, MD 21279
Cancellation PolicyA $75 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. To receive a refund, requests must be received no later than 5 business days prior to the start of the course. Cancellations must be in writing and received via fax or email. No refunds or credits/transfers will be granted after this deadline. Participants who are “no shows” will not be granted a refund or credit/transfer. Please submit cancellation requests to email@example.com or via fax to (202) 789-1899. Substitutes are allowed. Please see substitution policy for further details.
SubstitutionsAll substitution requests must be received by APIC Headquarters via fax or e-mail 10 days prior to the start of the course. Registration fees may be transferred to the same course within the same calendar year based on space availability.
Group RegistrationsAPIC offers special group registration options for organizations registering four or more individuals from the same institution for a course.
- 4-9 registrants: member price - 5% discount
- 10+ registrants: member price - 10% discount
To register a group:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group registration form.
- Complete all registrant information and resubmit with payment to email@example.com.
- Each registrant will receive an email confirmation once registration is processed.
Please Note: Group registrations are not confirmed until payment is received and processed by APIC on or before the registration deadline.
Accreditation, CEUs and Evaluation
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
CEs: Attendees will be able to earn between 26-27 CNEs for this activity, and can only be obtained through completion of the online evaluation.
Course evaluations will be sent via an online link to the email address on file within 7 business days of the conclusion of the education program. Upon receipt, all evaluations must be completed within 30 days. After satisfying all evaluation requirements, a certificate of completion will be available to print and/or for your records indicating CEUs.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by APIC or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity.
To access course evaluations, click here.
- Username: APIC Member ID # (hint: your badge ID #)
- Password: apic (all lowercase)
General Course AgendaClick here to download the general course agenda
|2016 EPI Intensives